Will the Droid Razr see a price drop?

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
With the imminent release of the Galaxy Nexus does anyone think Verizon will drop the price of the Droid Razr? I intend to upgrade soon decided on the Razr over the Nexus but don't want to get one and have the price drop $50 a week later.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Not this soon. Maybe after the first of the year. I don't really see the GN affecting RAZR sales that much. Not enough to warrant a price drop anyway. Those that want the GN will buy it regardless of the price of other devices.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Price drop on RAZR wont likely happen until Motorola pushes out a new phone to replace the RAZR, or the RAZR has been on the market for a while. Right now the RAZR is Moto's premier phone.

Edit to add: that's not to say it's not possible we'll see a sale or rebate from Moto saying "hey buy me instead". VZW is sort of doing that right now with the $50 off accessories offer if you purchase a RAZR.

Guy Ledouche

Reaction score
That's weird, I picked up my RAZR last week and it was already 50$ off for the holidays. I picked it up at a retailer though so it could of been asale that only they were doing.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Wait a couple months... you'll see lower prices for it. Guaranteed.

OP
brucin

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
Can't wait much longer. I only have a few weeks left on my loyalty discount. I'm just trying to get the best deal.

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
The Bionic has already dropped in price by 1/3 since it was released two months ago. Razr will be $250 by Christmas and $200 by end of January.

Last edited:

TheJester34

Reaction score
The Bionic has already dropped in price by 1/3 since it was released two months ago. Razr will be $250 by Christmas and $200 by end of January.

How much is the Bionic? My store told me it was the same price as the RAZR ($299). I was looking at the Bionic because I thought it was a bit cheaper. I love my RAZR, but if my store lied to me about how much the Bionic was I'm gonna be mad

wheeler459

Reaction score
Go to Walmart. They are giving all smart phone purchases a $ 100 gift card. And its on sale (depending on availability by zip code)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

johnnycool001

Reaction score
Go to Walmart. They are giving all smart phone purchases a $ 100 gift card. And its on sale (depending on availability by zip code)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
AT Walmart if you keep your unlimited data plan, they charge you $100 more.

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
How much is the Bionic? My store told me it was the same price as the RAZR ($299). I was looking at the Bionic because I thought it was a bit cheaper. I love my RAZR, but if my store lied to me about how much the Bionic was I'm gonna be mad

The bionic is on sale @ Verizon website for $149

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
brucin

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
AT Walmart if you keep your unlimited data plan, they charge you $100 more.

I have no intention of losing my unlimited data plan. That's why I'm going to a Verizon retail store. If for some reason it gets hosed up i only have to deal with one set of idiots.

I have a $50 gift card that is only good at a Verizon retail stores plus my $30 "new every two" so that drops the price to $219 which is still pretty good.

I'm going next friday to pick one up so with my luck i'm sure the price will drop shortly after the 1st of the year.

octoberdana

Reaction score
Bionic is only on sale if you add a line for $149. Regular upgrades are $199.99.

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
Bionic is only on sale if you add a line for $149. Regular upgrades are $199.99.

I went thru the motions in myverizon all the way to checkout (without actually checking out) & my total price was $99.

$199 - $50 online discount - $50 loyalty credit

That was an upgrade on the primary line, as I already have 5 lines.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk