Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
dan-morrill1.jpg

Twitter

I have the feeling he'd know something if the Droid was going to get no sweet, sweet Gingerbread lovin'. :)

Big Ry

Reaction score
Perhaps LGs claim is being interpreted wrong. Did anyone ever think that the statement might really read "...the minimum requirement for Gingerbread (on our LG devices) is a 1GHz processor"? After all, Android is open to be bent and twisted however the manufacturers please...case in point, motoblur (which im disliking).

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Your logic is not welcome here, sir! ;)

And install ADW from the market. Instant Blur-B-Gone!

Seriously, though, that's a good thought. You never know, though. LG might just be misinformed.

Big Ry

Reaction score
Your logic is not welcome here, sir! ;)

And install ADW from the market. Instant Blur-B-Gone!

Seriously, though, that's a good thought. You never know, though. LG might just be misinformed.
i wouldnt think that a company that large could even GET misinformed, but who knows, anythings possible.

oh and im just getting to know my D2 a bit before i root and motoblur is gone :)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Motorola promised a 2GHz phone before the end of the year. They were talking about the Olympus, which is a dual-core 1GHz phone.

Misinformation happens. :)

maxohkc

Reaction score
Google said gingerbread has no min. requirments at all..somone has already ported it to the droid eris and it runs fine on there and thats slower then the Droid.
so ur saying that LG was misinformed? i find it hard to believe that they were told a lie...i think that gingerbread DOES have a hardware requirement
Malvado hit the nail on the head. That's quite a random statement to be making if it wasn't true. Think about that for a moment : )

Sent from my Droid

LG was misinformed. But i doubt it will come out on the optimus. Dan Morrill has said it hundreds of times. I doubt LG will have an official release or even the droid. the whole processor requirements were made up and defiantly not true. It makes no sense to have a requirement.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
If the ally hasn't gotten froyo yet, the optimus probably isn't gonna get gingerbread.

Droidforums.net appified!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
From Androinica responding to what Morill said about no limitations:

Do not take this to mean that your G1 is getting Gingerbread. There were limitations that prevented Froyo from running on “legacy” devices and those phones will not suddenly be compatible. However, if you are currently on a phone running Froyo – HTC EVO, Droid, Droid 2, Droid X, Optimus One, etc. – the only thing holding you back from Gingerbread will be the people who sold you the device

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
From Androinica responding to what Morill said about no limitations:

Do not take this to mean that your G1 is getting Gingerbread. There were limitations that prevented Froyo from running on “legacy” devices and those phones will not suddenly be compatible. However, if you are currently on a phone running Froyo – HTC EVO, Droid, Droid 2, Droid X, Optimus One, etc. – the only thing holding you back from Gingerbread will be the people who sold you the device
NICE!!! that clears up alot of things on here...

Yakuzagang5

Reaction score
I dont get what the big deal about gingerbread on the og droid is about...

dont get me wrong, i have the og droid and love it, but as said earlier, most big things are hardware upgrades we dont have, and the new look can easily be done with a theme on a rom... i know there were a couple tweaks here and there but nothing hugely impacting anything for our phones...

I know yall will all hate me for this, but there ya go