Will the D2G work w/o sim card?

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
I don't plan on crossing the 7 seas anytime soon or ever for that matter. just wondering if it would work with out that sim card. Any know from trial and error? cause if i don't hear back from all you lovely people I'm gonna try it lol

silver6054

Reaction score
I don't plan on crossing the 7 seas anytime soon or ever for that matter. just wondering if it would work with out that sim card. Any know from trial and error? cause if i don't hear back from all you lovely people I'm gonna try it lol
Do you mean does it work in the US without a SIM? If so, yes! If a SIM card is present, by default the phone switches to Global mode, but if there isn't one, no problem in CDMA mode.

OP
Digital Cha0s

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
Rock on!!! Thats all I need to now at this point an time finish copying ths 32mb sd card over and then ill be ready to go thanks man.

tebower

Reaction score
The downside is a simple annoyance. When I took out my SIM card so that it would operate in CDMA mode only, the lock screen had a permanent banner across the top that said NO SIM CARD PRESENT or something like that. I found that too irritating, and back in the card went.

silver6054

Reaction score
The downside is a simple annoyance. When I took out my SIM card so that it would operate in CDMA mode only, the lock screen had a permanent banner across the top that said NO SIM CARD PRESENT or something like that. I found that too irritating, and back in the card went.
Yes, it says "Verizon Wireless No SIM Card" So, OP, decide if you can live with that on the lock screen!

Out of interest, why do you want to remove it? Because it uses a little power?

Reaction score

Go to Settings -> Wireless and Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode and choose CDMA. Same result, without the annoying banner.

silver6054

Reaction score

Go to Settings -> Wireless and Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode and choose CDMA. Same result, without the annoying banner.
But does the SIM card itself use any power just by being present? I doubt it is significant, but don't know! That's the only reason I can see for removing it, unless the OP is concerned that somehow GSM data will get used, which is, (unfortunately), not likely in the US without something like DroidBandUnlock hack.