Will the Bionic be pretty much the same as the Atrix?

305rev305

Reaction score
I don't know what's all the fuss about the Bionic when it sounds to me that it will practically be a new 6 month old Atrix for Verizon. It will pretty much have the same crap...

From my TBolt

Last edited:

jstein2

Reaction score
I agree! Plus it wont even have a fingerprint scanner. Too much hype for nothing...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

PhontomF

Reaction score
Atrix only has a 4 inch screen and camera is 5 megapixels vs 8 for bionic, no HDMI out on Atrix either. Plus tegra 2 is supposedly a bigger battery hog than the OMAP processor. Also, Atrix isn't on verizon which is where I want to be. Have to wait for final specs on Bionic to tell for sure but it's definitely a superior phone.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Fingerprint scanner> LTE

That's all that's needed to be said.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Fingerprint scanner> LTE

Until someone cuts off your finger to steal your phone :p

Also, a retna scanner app is in the works... but then goes your eyeball... soo ...

nikecar

Reaction score
Fingerprint scanner> LTE

I have a fingerprint scanner on my laptop. I no longer use it as sometimes it was quirky in registering my fingers. I have a scar on one finger and it would never register that finger.

I'd have to scan several times with my other fingers.

Good in theory, not so good in application.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

GBH2

Reaction score
Fingerprint scanner> LTE

I have a fingerprint scanner on my laptop. I no longer use it as sometimes it was quirky in registering my fingers. I have a scar on one finger and it would never register that finger.

Fingerprint scanners in these phones are really a gimmick, a fun and cool gimmick, but not really practical for mission critical applications.

Since this phone is the "Bionic" it should do something new and futuristic like poke a hole in your finger and draw blood, then test your DNA to unlock the phone, that would be cool, LOL.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Fingerprint scanner> LTE

Fingerprint scanners in these phones are really a gimmick, a fun and cool gimmick, but not really practical for mission critical applications.

Since this phone is the "Bionic" it should do something new and futuristic like poke a hole in your finger and draw blood, then test your DNA to unlock the phone, that would be cool, LOL.

And then lets you clone yourself to do happless tasks :) Oh the possibilities...

sk102704

Reaction score
Fingerprint scanner> LTE

No way! LTE blows away a shoddy fingerprints scanner any day!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Fingerprint scanners are just plain sick...
LTE just drains battery.

A fingerprints scanner is just a fancy lock screen. LTE does a lot more than "just" drain your battery, it makes your data 10X faster! Not even a contest.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Atrix only has a 4 inch screen and camera is 5 megapixels vs 8 for bionic, no HDMI out on Atrix either. Plus tegra 2 is supposedly a bigger battery hog than the OMAP processor. Also, Atrix isn't on verizon which is where I want to be. Have to wait for final specs on Bionic to tell for sure but it's definitely a superior phone.

I prefer the 4 inch screen. Mega pixels don't matter that much. The atrix pictures suck and I bet the bionics will also. U can play anything through mini hdmi to your tv.

If it's not a superior phone after taking this long...I don't think anyone should buy it.

Don't knock the att network so much it's not THAT bad. At least those guys have had their phone for months now

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
The new Atrix said to be the 2nd one doesn't even have a fingerprint scanner probably cause no one cares about them.