Will tethering on droid get you in trouble with VZW?

Reaction score
Hey i just though i would post this for those of you that wanted to know. I read a thread here a couple of days that had to do with people getting in trouble because they were tethering from their droid. I went into my VZW store and talked to one of my buddies that is a sales rep about the matter. He said that you would only get charged extra for a blackberry (not sure why) not for the droid. Just to make sure that were went mistaken my buddy, the current store manager, and myself combed over the terms of agreement and found that there is actually nothing that would prohibit you from tethering to a external device, which means WOW ALL NIGHT!!!!!!

OP
M
Reaction score
Yeah i know what you mean. I am just happy that I know i wont be tacked with an extra charge now. Im currently at 56 gigs and counting due to Xbox live MW2. I have been for a couple of months and no problems.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey i just though i would post this for those of you that wanted to know. I read a thread here a couple of days that had to do with people getting in trouble because they were tethering from their droid. I went into my VZW store and talked to one of my buddies that is a sales rep about the matter. He said that you would only get charged extra for a blackberry (not sure why) not for the droid. Just to make sure that were went mistaken my buddy, the current store manager, and myself combed over the terms of agreement and found that there is actually nothing that would prohibit you from tethering to a external device, which means WOW ALL NIGHT!!!!!!
You are not serious. It is plain as day that it is against the TOS to be tethering any device without paying for a tethering package. This includes dumb phones that have tethering capabilities, WinMo devices, Androids AND Blackberry phones.

OP
M
Reaction score
hmmm...well have had my droid for a couple of months now and i have been tethering on it ever since i can remember. I only recently started using soo much data because i have been using it to connect to Xbox live and play on my 360. I have been averaging, i would say, 6-12 gigs a day depending on how long i play and my family plays (i let them play too) and my bill has always stayed at a steady 130 a month.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I've cancelled home inet now that I tether. but by all means, anyone who wants to continue to pay double for the same internet.... feel free. Suckers are born everyday

Signum

Reaction score
lol im gonna laugh when these people get slapped with sky high bills.

and a lawsuit

warning9

Reaction score
Yeah I don't see this ending well. Especially since your using so much bandwidth.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hmmm...well have had my droid for a couple of months now and i have been tethering on it ever since i can remember. I only recently started using soo much data because i have been using it to connect to Xbox live and play on my 360. I have been averaging, i would say, 6-12 gigs a day depending on how long i play and my family plays (i let them play too) and my bill has always stayed at a steady 130 a month.
And you're going to be the first one to post on here that you got caught and how unfair VZW is. Trust me, some accounts bring up big old red flags and you could be a target, especially if you're using that much.

OP
M
Reaction score
well reguardless ill post up in a couple of months and see what happens. Time to go to bed. See you guys later