Will someone PLEASE help me!

Ddirose

Reaction score
I am new to the android system, and have a Droid X. I switched from years of using a Blackberry. I absolutely LOVE my droid, but, I'm about ready to throw it out a window. It is constantly freezing on me. If I go to end a call and push the end call button, the screen freezes, go to use my note pad and click to go back to the home screen, the whole screen blacks out. I'm not talking two seconds. Sometimes it's 10 to 15 seconds. I couldn't use the phone if I had to, because it just stays black.

Any ideas???? I am seriously at my wits end because it's happening so much.
I really appreciate the help, thanks.

blink182zmn

Reaction score
I had this same problem, I took my phone to verizon and had 5 different techs look at it they couldn't figure it out. So they replaced my phone and I put my sd card in the new phone and within minutes of leaving same thing started happining on the brand new phone. So I wiped my sdcard and that seemed to have fixed the problem. Be careful downloading non trusted content

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

roafamily

Reaction score
i would agree with blink182zmn, i had a user who downloaded some security apps but he downloaded one too many and they were conflicting with each other, i removed them all and installed only one and the phone worked fine after that

OP
D

Ddirose

Reaction score
Thank you both for replying! I am going to go through my apps and pull what I don't need and see if that helps, I have downloaded some things, so maybe one of them is the cause.

blink182zmn

Reaction score
Also make sure you delete whatever you don't need from your sd card aswell :)

OP
D

Ddirose

Reaction score
Thanks blink and roa. I deleted everything, even off the card. This thing has been zippy zippy!:icon_ banana:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I'm guessing one of the helpful reps at the store installed a "must have" app or two. Lookout? AVG? Advanced Task Killer?

All are totally unneeded, pointless (except for Lookout, but that's only barely useful), hog system resources, drain your battery, and in general are bad news.

Things any Android phone can do without: Task killers and antivirus apps. There are no, I reapeat no

I REPEAT NO, NADA, NONE!

Viruses for Android. :)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/65483-task-killers-answer-google-developers.html

blink182zmn

Reaction score
Yea they installed atk before I ever got my hands on it lol damns useless vz techs