Will SBF make my phone unbrickable?

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
I have an R2D2 Droid 2, and to install custom ROMs I have to SBF my phone to 2.3.2, so I already have an SBF ready. I was wondering, is it possible to brick my phone to the point where it can't be fixed at all? What would cause this?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think if you look at your "about phone" that if you scroll to system version you will see that you are already at 2.3.2.

Now about bricking. That term is used loosely around here. Your phone is not bricked if it will power on. It's only when you can't even get it to power on that you are really bricked.

If you want to install custom roms you don't sbf to do that, you root. The easiest way to root a Droid 2 is with z4Root. If you need a copy, let me know I have one on my desktop.

OP
DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
I think if you look at your "about phone" that if you scroll to system version you will see that you are already at 2.3.2.

I have an R2D2 Droid 2, which is running 2.4.5 and I read to install custom ROMs I should SBF to 2.3.2.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I have an R2D2 Droid 2, which is running 2.4.5 and I read to install custom ROMs I should SBF to 2.3.2.

OK…..Sorry, I was under the impression that R2D2 runs the same OS as the D2. I'm not sure what to tell you to do, I understand why you would need to be at 2.3.2, I'm just not sure how the sbf would work with that system. Let me send you over to our RS for D2 and maybe someone can assist you there.

OP
DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood

Reaction score

OK…..Sorry, I was under the impression that R2D2 runs the same OS as the D2. I'm not sure what to tell you to do, I understand why you would need to be at 2.3.2, I'm just not sure how the sbf would work with that system. Let me send you over to our RS for D2 and maybe someone can assist you there.

Thanks. I've decided to SBF my phone to 2.3.2 anyway just to be safe, but the problem is my phone doesn't show up in RSDLite. I've downloaded and installed drivers from the Motorola website, but when I plug my phone in my PC tells me I have to install drivers, and in bootloader mode it doesn't show up in RSDLite. What can I do to fix this?

techarlj

Reaction score
Try another usb cord. Mine from Moto won't work, but my cable from my BlackBerry Storm 1 allows it to show up in RSD Lite. Hope it helps.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine shows up as s flash but it says connected and I confirmed that this is OK. Is it showing up like that or not at all?

Sent from my rooted DROID2

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Mine shows up as s flash but it says connected and I confirmed that this is OK. Is it showing up like that or not at all?

That's what mine looks like everytime I sbf

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good to know! I've never had to sbf before. I'm actually going to flash my first rom (liberty) today if I can get the balls.

jhkang

Reaction score
i made it work somehow and it did show up as S FLASH and it did let me flash.
i jus reinstalled every driver that i found and it made it work. hahah
thanks for ur help thou