Will rooting help solve minor issues?

Wilk

Reaction score
Now I've been having some minor issues with my droid as detailed here, http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid/58723-few-issues-my-droid-lag-activation-upon-call-end-unlock-weirdness.html
I was just wondering if anyone that has some advanced knowledge with the structure of the OS and whatnot if rooting would help, aggravate, or have no effect on the problems I'm having, I've been fine with my non-rooted droid but if rooting it would make it better (problem wise, I know someone is going to say rooting will obviously make my droid better because of the multitude of things you can do rooted), I'd greatly consider doing it. Thanks in advance for the help. Plus if someone knows any reason why answering a call takes forever and a day I'd greatly appreciate it.

biz79

Reaction score
Hi there.

If you just got the phone (ie. less than 30 days), I would just return it and get a new one. If it's past 30 days, you could try rooting it, wiping the data & cache and flashing a custom rom. A custom rom should have all the files necessary to see if it's a software issue. But remember rooting voids your warranty! Hope this helps.

Biz

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Agreed, but before getting into ROM addiction, maybe try rooting and instead of trying a new ROM, try just OC'ing a bit. Might get rid of the lag issues.

OP
Wilk

Wilk

Reaction score
Well first of all, I was looking at this method to root if I decide to, http://www.droid-life.com/2010/07/08/how-to-root-android-2-1-and-install-android-2-2-on-motorola-droid/ does that seem legit? I got the phone in December so I can't return it. I would like to be able to customize my Droid and be able to make it better, but I just don't want to kill it either, these little bugs in it just have been annoying me lately

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Well first of all, I was looking at this method to root if I decide to, How to: Root Android 2.1 and Install Android 2.2 on Motorola DROID - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog does that seem legit? I got the phone in December so I can't return it. I would like to be able to customize my Droid and be able to make it better, but I just don't want to kill it either, these little bugs in it just have been annoying me lately

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

That's the method I used to root my Droid - had not one issue; very easy!

biz79

Reaction score
Ahhh I rooted mine a long time ago and my instructions were completely different. I think it was like 20-30 steps long haha. Glad that the steps have been refined!