Will Rooted phones be affected by OTA updates?

BillyBob

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been answered guys.
Do I have to unroot to safely accept / install Any patches/updates via OTA.?

Thanks in advance.
:)

HavoC

Reaction score
Typically, OTA updates are blocked by custom ROMS, so if youre running one, you would need to unroot, and go back to stock to receive them. If you are on a stock rom and rooted, your phone will probably ask you if you want to install the OTA, and if you answer yes, you will probably lose root access. Best bet is to wait and see what your ROM developer says to do or read on here to find out what the effects of installing the OTA on your device will be.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

azdrifter

Reaction score
Typically, OTA updates are blocked by custom ROMS, so if youre running one, you would need to unroot, and go back to stock to receive them. If you are on a stock rom and rooted, your phone will probably ask you if you want to install the OTA, and if you answer yes, you will probably lose root access. Best bet is to wait and see what your ROM developer says to do or read on here to find out what the effects of installing the OTA on your device will be.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
This is true custom ROMS block the OTA updates,depending on why you want an OTA i would just check and see what the devs have published and update through them they always have the updates sooner then the carriers do most of the time.