Will resetting my Incredible 2 remove a virus?

jprausch

Reaction score
I think I have a virus on my Incredible 2. Don't ask how I got it, as it's pretty embarrassing. But ever since I downloaded a certain video, my phone is lagging and acting slow and weird. If I reset to factory setting, will any possible virus on my phone be completely erased? Thanks!

papelet

Reaction score
Idk if they work, but there're many anything virus in the market. Give it a shot and good luck

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
J

jprausch

Reaction score
I should have mentioned that I did download AVG Antivirus from the App Market, and it found nothing. Here's what's running in my Applications:SettingsFacebookMailAVG AntivirusPWVmdrmProxyCalendarCalendarGoogle Servicescom.smithmicro.DMHTC DMSound setSync ServiceMailPVWmdrmServiceMobile IMTouch InputI don't know what half of these applications are. Does anything look out of the ordinary? Thanks!

OP
J

jprausch

Reaction score
I only installed AVG after the phone started being slow and wonky. I'm going to uninstall it and see if the speed picks back up. But any idea to my original question - if in fact I do have a virus, will a factory reset get rid of it?

devator22

Reaction score
Android isn't like windows, you can't get viruses from videos. The only way to get a virus is to download an app that contains malicious code. Are you using some sort of video downloading app? Also, what rom are you on?

Sent from my mobile typewriter with tapatalk

devator22

Reaction score
Exactly what I was thinking. But he only asked for his question to be answered.

Yep I'm on my DInc2.

True, and you answered correctly. However, if the problem is not a virus, than the proposed solution would only temporarily solve the problem. I am trying to get to the real problem so that it won't happen again in a few weeks.

Sent from my mobile typewriter with tapatalk

mikifiki

Reaction score
I should have mentioned that I did download AVG Antivirus from the App Market, and it found nothing. Here's what's running in my Applications:SettingsFacebookMailAVG AntivirusPWVmdrmProxyCalendarCalendarGoogle Servicescom.smithmicro.DMHTC DMSound setSync ServiceMailPVWmdrmServiceMobile IMTouch InputI don't know what half of these applications are. Does anything look out of the ordinary? Thanks!

Pvw and Pwv kill my battery so I always stop them. As far as virus...dunno.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Tammy22

Reaction score
Call 611 at Verizon they may be able to help. Just ask for technical support.
Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
For testing purposes Send a d/l link to video in question.....

Just kidding ..

-----posted MAXX'ed out-----

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
unless the virus is in the /system partition - in which case a factory reset might do nothing