Will not charge

MAKEITOUTOFWOOD

Reaction score
A very large percentage of the time my D2G will not take a charge. I plug in the phone and there is no indication that it is charging. It will actually completely discharge while on the charger.

Also I can no longer use my phone in the car dock with an app running. I plug it in to the car dock with the car charger hooked up to it. It will work fine for a short period of time and then stop charging.

Any help or solutions would be very much appreciated. My phone is not rooted and is up to date.

Thanks

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
have you tried usb?
sounds like a bad connection in phone, or bad battery could return phone if it's still under warranty or you have insurance
if not you may want to buy a stand alone battery charger and/or a second battery can find them on ebay, amazon pretty cheap
I ordered a charger from ebay for $2.50 can't confirm it works yet.
try different battery first

if it's software you could use recovery options
wipe cache partition (no data loss)
wipe data / reset (you will everything not on SD card)

stock recovery
When the phone is off hold the letter x and the power button at the same time for about 2 seconds after the red motorola M pops up.
When you see the green android and the triangle with the ! press both the up and down volume buttons at the same time and the recovery menu should come up.
Use the volume keys to navigate use the enter key(the one with the arrow above the ok key) to select things. You may also use the power button to select with.

mystmaker33

Reaction score
I had this problem too, but for me my D2G would not charge if plugged in to a USB port (even though it would say it was charging) It always charged when plugged into the wall though, luckily I had an inverter in my car so I could plug my normal charger into that to charge my phone in the car.

**Update

BTW I have tried multiple batteries, OEM and not OEM, I have reset my phone, tried all kinds of different cables the only thing that solved this problem for me is rooting and installing Liquid Smooth rom 3.1. I have not tried any other custom roms, but on liquid my d2g will charge via usb and with a wall charger

Last edited:

raos044

Reaction score
I had this problem too temporarily until i realized that some apps and widgets can cause the phone to think its disconnected from the charger. When i upgraded to GB (not by choice) one of the widgets i used to give me a more accurate battery life indicator was causing the phone to charge for 2 seconds, then think it disconnected, then start charging for 2 seconds again. the problem went away when i removed the widget.

Wizdomslizard

Reaction score
Recently had the same issue. Wall charger broke wouldn't charge, plugged into usb would not charge on charge only mode, began to charge in mass storage mode, Once the battery had been brought back to life it now charges in charge only mode, had other things going on too, so I am unsure if I have narrowed it down at all, but make sure the battery has a little charge in it. It will not charge from bootloader screen a little social hacking may be required, borrow someone elses, buy one at radio shack.. seriously try a different battery or a friends wall charger or something b4 purchasing anything.