Will my X disappoint me?

Daywalker

Reaction score
I have two lines one currently with Droid with root and newest 2.2 overclocked to 1050.
Wifi tether and all toys.
I just ordered a X for the other line because of the screen. I was waiting for Droid two until I found out Droid two screen is smaller than the X.
I am already a little disappointed that you can't use TV cable on Blockbuster app. And have be on wifi for that app. To me it defeats the purpose of the app. I have no wifi in hunting camp but great 3g.
What say all?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't know what you can send to the TV. Can you send the browser out to the TV via the hdmi cable? There is an app called Live TV. If that plays out to a bigger screen maybe that will suffice?

him

Reaction score
I think as a geek any phone has disappointments, but for a regular user the droid x is damn near perfect. I consider myself some what of a geek and there are a few places the X can improve. On the X the camera will disappoint you, and the amount of crapware will also. Other than that i am satisfied with the phone. Also if you had 2.2 on your phone 2.1 will disappoint you.

OP
Daywalker

Daywalker

Reaction score
Yeah but I was really looking forward to using Blockbuster app in camp.
Maybe they will change mind and allow it on 3g and especially allow use of TV cable....that the damn phone SHOULD COME WITH!!

OP
Daywalker

Daywalker

Reaction score
I think as a geek any phone has disappointments, but for a regular user the droid x is damn near perfect. I consider myself some what of a geek and there are a few places the X can improve. On the X the camera will disappoint you, and the amount of crapware will also. Other than that i am satisfied with the phone. Also if you had 2.2 on your phone 2.1 will disappoint you.

By the time my X gets here 2.2 should be out lol.
What's up with camera? Better or worse than Droid one?

OP
Daywalker

Daywalker

Reaction score
Anyone?
maybe someway play on TV if rooted?

82CuTiger

Reaction score

You want be able to hear the movie anyway. My biggest disappointment with the X is the sound is horrible for a phone that was touted for entertainment purposes.

Hope it gets resolved. 3 weeks and still waiting.

OP
Daywalker

Daywalker

Reaction score

You want be able to hear the movie anyway. My biggest disappointment with the X is the sound is horrible for a phone that was touted for entertainment purposes.

Hope it gets resolved. 3 weeks and still waiting.

I was hoping it would output to my TV and surround sound but it don't
I been on phone all night trying to cancel the order I am not waiting a month for a phone I need for work. What happens if it fails? A month with no phone till I can get another one? Way way to long to wait. At this rate by time it even came in the next phone will be out

richjacksonkc

Reaction score
I have two lines one currently with Droid with root and newest 2.2 overclocked to 1050.
Wifi tether and all toys.
I just ordered a X for the other line because of the screen. I was waiting for Droid two until I found out Droid two screen is smaller than the X.
I am already a little disappointed that you can't use TV cable on Blockbuster app. And have be on wifi for that app. To me it defeats the purpose of the app. I have no wifi in hunting camp but great 3g.
What say all?

I just got my DX yesterday.. like you I was worried if it would be enough of an improvement to keep me happy (previously had D1 rooted since last year and running every rom/toy/tweak in the book).. I will say, I haven't used everything so far, but I am definitely not disappointed, and I am of course still on 2.1 stock... this thing is fast enough out of the box to make up for it's lack of customization (so far).. I know there are limits and restrictions right now (efuse, bootloader lock, blah blah blah..), but thanks to the upcoming 2.2 update... and more importantly, all of the incredible android devs and hackers out there.. I know we will soon be voiding warranties on this phone to our hearts content just like we have done with the D1..

..so my first impression, no disappointment...