Will live wallpaper be available for the moto droid?

dantem2000

Reaction score
Are there live wallpapers for the moto droid yet. If so please tell me where I can get some real cool one.

M

Matth3w

Only if you install a 2.1 ROM and I can tell you this much...they lag the phone and aren't all that spectacular.

R1Lover

Reaction score
no they are not available on the droid and won't be after the 2.1 update either.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
no they are not available on the droid and won't be after the 2.1 update either.

^+ yep, apparently according to the mills Moto was less than impressed with them and felt they weren't worth it so they have apparently been left out of the OTA... of course this is speculation and we won't know for sure, but it sounds reasonable. Even Nexus chefs have posted that the ROM/system function better with them disabled.

OyVOid

Reaction score
In the Market there is an app called WorldTour that has live wallpaper of famous cities and places around the world. It's pretty cool because it updates your wallpaper picture every 30 minutes but the downside is that it is always running so it is using up the battery charge. I originally had it installed and I loved it but removed it after a VZ Rep told me the more Apps I had running in the background the more it drains the charge. Test it out and decide for yourself.

Last edited:

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
In the Market there is an apparently called WorldTour that has live wallpaper of famous cities and places around the world. It's pretty cool because it updates your wallpaper picture every 30 minutes but the downside is that it is always running so it is using up the battery charge. I originally had it installed and I loved it but removed it after a VZ Rep told me the more Apps I had running in the background the more it drains the charge. Test it out and decide for yourself.

+1 Awesome app...

I use it every now and then and I really didn't notice a huge difference in battery life....but you can also change it to update like every hour too instead of 30 minutes