1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Will it be possible to port Flash Lite 4 into a rom for Droid?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by rushmore, Apr 17, 2010.

1. rushmore

rushmore New Member

Flash Lite 4 is shipping with Incredible and EVO:

Flash 10.1 is not shipping until later in the year now, so Flash Lite 4 is best option for Flash. I have Flash Lite 3.1 on my Archos 5 (3430 chipset like Droid) and it plays a lot of content and games well at 600mhz- but only plays up to Flash 8 content.

Flash Lite 4 is more opitimzed and plays content at least to Flash 9 (apparently some 10 as well). The Droid with OC should perform at least as good as my N900, that has Flash 9.4, full version. N900 has same chipset and is OC'd at 800mhz. Flash Lite 4 is apparently more optimized than Flash 9.4 on the N900.
  2. bizzshow

bizzshow New Member

If you can get your hands on it mabey. But if you pull it from an HTC Rom it won't work needs the HTC framework
  3. rushmore

rushmore New Member

Precisely why I wonder if it will be possible, since besides the embedded framework issue, also different drivers for 3430. Flash Lite 4 is not a generic add-on like 3.1 was.
  4. bizzshow

bizzshow New Member

Dont think it will. But the real deal will be out soon enough
  5. rushmore

rushmore New Member

I thought it was soon too, but Adobe announced "sometime" in the second half of the year. Adobe posts on their forum suggests late summer at best. May tie in with the next BIG Android update, after 2.1. Roadmap for the next update is later in the year.

Flash 4 lite shows on Adobe's site as Flash 10.1 compatible, so 4 is the Lite version of 10.1. Most video and game content will work. Would have been nice bridge for waiting for 10.1.
  6. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

Lets hope it doesn't tie in with that update, well for the non-rooted folks at least. ;)
  7. samiusmc

samiusmc New Member

If you haven't already done so, you can go here to sign up for the Adobe Flash Beta for Android: Adobe Labs - Adobe Flash Player 10.1
  8. rushmore

rushmore New Member

USMC? I was an 0331 ;) BTW, just signed up for the Android beta, but not sure how they will do this, since part of browser and built into framework of OS. The beta for Windows works great on my M11X.

I guess common sense that Adobe would have api access and approved scripts to add Flash to the OS.... duh.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2010