Will ICS come to the TBOLT?

Charged

Reaction score
If you had the same frustration with your HTC Thunderbolt as I do where it requires a "restart connection" every 5-10 minutes and watching a netflix is impossible, you would understand where I'm coming from. I can only assume you don't use mobile hotspot. In fact after typing this and hitting reply my connection cut off and I had to "restart connection" again in order to make this short post.

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
Couple questions.

1. Are you stock unrooted, stock rooted, custom rommed, etc.

2. Do you pay for tethering?

3. What tethering app are you using that is causing this problem?

4. Is the issue only on your tethered device? Or do you loose data on the device too?

I ask these questions because you are the only person I've seen with this problem. I do tether my tablet from time to time with the built in cm7 wifi tethering, or with Wireless Tether on sense custom roms. Don't take this the wrong way, but sounds like user error...

Charged

Reaction score
I pay for mobile hotspot on the stock phone. I don't use the internet directly on my phone nearly as often but it has problems too. If you watch the phone you'll see the 4G suddenly drop off or else the bars underneath will cease to light up or flash. I've been in several states with 4G with the same problem so it is not my location.

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
If you're totally stock, go to vzw and complain, you're not getting what you pay them for! If they can't give you a Thunderbolt that works, they should be willing to swap phones to keep your business. I think you need to check your settings or battery saver apps you've installed. Make sure you've enabled "always on mobile data". Also, if you're using a task killer, ditch it! Juice defender would be another culprate.