Will i lose unlimited data this way?

thrgk

Reaction score
Hey so i have multiple lines on my vzw acct that have data plans and even two that dont. My question is if i upgrade on the lines that do not currently have data and uograde and use the upgrade on my line will i be forced to limited data or will i have to gdt data on that line?

Also if the second line with data uogrades my unlimited wont be affected but his will only right? That specific libe would be forced to limited and mine left alone?

Thanks just a bit cibfused

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The way I understand it, if you upgrade the other line first THEN transfer that phone over to your line (the unlimited one), you won't lose your unlimited data. If you use another line's upgrade (dumbphone in this case) and use that upgrade on your line (unlimited), you WILL lose unlimited data.

Also if you upgrade the dumbphone lines to smartphones, only their lines should change, not any others. When you're doing this process I bet Verizon will try to sucker you into a family shared data plan:D

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
also you can roll your upgrades from your unlimeted data lines to the other phone lines.. upgrade them then switch and keep unlimeted data

Reaction score
The way I understand it, if you upgrade the other line first THEN transfer that phone over to your line (the unlimited one), you won't lose your unlimited data. If you use another line's upgrade (dumbphone in this case) and use that upgrade on your line (unlimited), you WILL lose unlimited data.

Also if you upgrade the dumbphone lines to smartphones, only their lines should change, not any others. When you're doing this process I bet Verizon will try to sucker you into a family shared data plan:D

This.

I had to do it that way when I got my Razr HD