Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Just root? not at all...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
when i rooted every thing stayed in place. I used sholesmod, the 2.05 version required me to remove and reinstall my widgets because the would not load.

solorca

Reaction score
Hmm, I must have done something wrong, because when I rooted I lost all of my icons and widgets on the screens. I had to set everything back up.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The first time I rooted with sholes I lost everything. This was due user error. The second time I knew what I was doing and everything stayed. All my Widgets. Even my 2.1 loader. That's a battery hog BTW, I wouldn't suggest downloading it. But sholes works great.

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
I love these forums, because every time I have a question someone has already asked it. Once I get sweeter home figured out I'm gonna root, and this was the only thing that worried me.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I love these forums, because every time I have a question someone has already asked it. Once I get sweeter home figured out I'm gonna root, and this was the only thing that worried me.

Something i noticed from issues and question. If you install sweeter home I would recommend use it for 3-5 days to make sure there are no issues. Because if you install sweeter home then root and you have issues you may mistake it for the app or the rom. Because I have had home replacement apps lock up my phone, drain battery, and require a battery pull.

qwiksilver711

Reaction score

Something i noticed from issues and question. If you install sweeter home I would recommend use it for 3-5 days to make sure there are no issues. Because if you install sweeter home then root and you have issues you may mistake it for the app or the rom. Because I have had home replacement apps lock up my phone, drain battery, and require a battery pull.
Thank you, I will make sure I do that before I root, I doubt I will ever be done customizing sweeter home, but after i get a good setup i'll give it a few days, mainly i just want to lower my idle clock rate, to save the battery power.

mjs31

Reaction score
If you lose widgets rooting than you are not only rooting, but also adding a rom like sholes, bb etc. Just rooting and nothing more, will not lose your widgets. Of course, one of the best things about being rooted is the roms. My fav being bugless beast 7.5

For the record. It took me about 2 minute to get everything back to how I like it. I even still use GDE with the Bugless rom and it just flies with an OC of 800mhz