Will I keep my unlimited data if I go from blackberry to droid?

gniss39

Reaction score
I just switched from my OG droid to the Bold 9650 (Droid having issues, waiting for Nexus Prime announcement to see what phone i'll be getting next) and it seamlessly switched to Blackberry retaining my unlimited data plan FYI. Thank goodness, didn't want to have to call VZW to tell them to give me back my unlimited!

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I have a blackberry tour right now! Don't get angry, I've always been a droid person but it broke and had to temporarily used a BB. I am a secondary line on a family plan with unlimited data. If I get, say a Thunderbolt while extending my contract will i lose my unl data or will i be grandfathered in and keep my unl data! thanks!!!
As long as you get another two year plan, your data package or cost will not change, no matter what phone you get. If you payed $30 for unlimited, then you will pay the same $ for the new smartphone.

REMilk

Reaction score
I originally signed up for the unlimited data plan when I got the Treo. I continued this data plan when I went to a HTC Imagio, and to the OG Droid. When I upgraded to the Droid3, I was grangfathered in.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums