Will HTC TV output Cable work on Incredible 2?

Reaction score
Can't find the answer anywhere.

Does this cable work on our DINC2's?

OEM HTC TV Out Cable for HTC DROID Incredible

Also does any body know how good the TV show apps are? My wife want to watch Smallville and we can not get it on our Direct TV Channels.

Thanks

This is a Motorola Droid 2 forum. Not the HTC Droid Incredible 2. You'll probably get more answers if you post in the right forum.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm wondering the same thing myself. This could be a deciding factor for me getting the phone. I used the TV out on my HTC Touch Pro 2 quite often for a variety of different things.

OP
R

roadrnnr2012

Reaction score
I would not hesitate getting the phone for a minute is the best phone I've ever had

vzwuser76

Reaction score
I answered this in the other thread about the original Incredible's tv-out cable. The short answer is no it will not. I haven't received my Inc2 yet (coming Tuesday) but if you look at the pics of both phones' usb port you will see they are VERY different.

The Inc1 has a modified micro-usb and the Inc2 has a standard micro-usb. Basically the Inc1's modified usb port will take either the modified miro-usb connector on the tv-out cable or a standard micro-usb connector found on charging and data cables. The Inc2 will ONLY take a standard micro-usb cable connector.

The only hope lies in the tv-out cable itself. On the side of the tv-out connector there is a standard micro-usb jack. It is there to allow you to be able to charge the phone while using the tv-out cable. The only way I could see the Inc1 tv-out cable working is if you could plug a micro-usb to micro-usb between the jack on the side of the tv-out cable and the jack on the phone. But I would guess the tv-out jack is there only for charging.

Below is a picture of the modified micro-usb connector on the tv-out cable.

Attachments

• IMAG0154a.jpg
    IMAG0154a.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 704
OP
R

roadrnnr2012

Reaction score
I answered this in the other thread about the original Incredible's tv-out cable. The short answer is no it will not. I haven't received my Inc2 yet (coming Tuesday) but if you look at the pics of both phones' usb port you will see they are VERY different.

The Inc1 has a modified micro-usb and the Inc2 has a standard micro-usb. Basically the Inc1's modified usb port will take either the modified miro-usb connector on the tv-out cable or a standard micro-usb connector found on charging and data cables. The Inc2 will ONLY take a standard micro-usb cable connector.

The only hope lies in the tv-out cable itself. On the side of the tv-out connector there is a standard micro-usb jack. It is there to allow you to be able to charge the phone while using the tv-out cable. The only way I could see the Inc1 tv-out cable working is if you could plug a micro-usb to micro-usb between the jack on the side of the tv-out cable and the jack on the phone. But I would guess the tv-out jack is there only for charging.

Below is a picture of the modified micro-usb connector on the tv-out cable.

Thanks for that info. I just recently got my INC2 and was not that familiar with them both till recently.

Lets hope they make this cable for the 2 also

ZombieSNIPER666

Reaction score
TV-Out Cable for Inc2

Hello. I have that cable from my htc Inc & just got the inc 2 & that cable does NOT fit, The micro usb is different on both phones & will not plug into the Inc2. Any other info about tv-out on the inc2 would be great, but i dont think it's there! I called HTC & they are usually very helpful but the guy wasnt able to give me a lear answer, he just metioned it had DLNA feature which doesnt mirror the screen output like tv-out did on the inc.