1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Will GB OTA improve battery?

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by NObama, Nov 28, 2011.

1. NObama

NObama New Member

Does anyone know if the GB OTA expected tomorrow will improve battery life? I'm constantly shutting everything off and still only get about 4hrs!

Sent from my Droid Charge using DroidForums
  2. Trip3601211

Trip3601211 New Member

I know what your talking about...had same problems. Not four hours..more like 6-12 for me. Which I think is still bad. Four? That's crazy. I just kept two extra batteries with me . But that shouldn't be how it goes. So I am hoping, As I am sure the other 52 people who veiwed this, Will get a battery fix with the update as well. I am going to wait it out and see how others are experiencing the OTA before I re-activate the Charge. My X2 keeps a great data signal which is all I ask for. This update says it has improved the connectivity. So we shall see. Let me know how it goes for you. I am very interested in how this update is going to play out. Thanks and I hope you can get more of an answere to your question in the battery issue. I don't believe it says anything in the benefits of the update but maybe someone else can give you an answere who has leaked it to their devices already. Chime in family...how's it runnin???

Sent from my DROID X2
  3. NObama

NObama New Member

I'm a VERY heavy user which is why I get less than most ppl (about 2500 minutes of talk, 850 txt's, & 2-3k emails per month). I will keep u posted though

Sent from my Droid Charge using DroidForums
  4. Trip3601211

Trip3601211 New Member

Understandable now lol. That IS alot of use. Well today was the day it was supposed to be OTA. Haven't read but one person getting the OTA. He had problems but once verizon fix his rebooting problem it ran flawlessly. Said he'd let everyone know his status. Hasn't checked out GPS but I heard it was good from leaked versions. Yes please do let me know when and how the update goes for you, if and when you recieve it. Thanks! And good luck!

Sent from my DROID X2
  5. NObama

NObama New Member

Battery does seem a little better. But now I have a problem with the ring tone. When I get a call the ring starts out low then increases to full. Anyone else experiencing this? Also, most voice caller ID's don't work properly
  6. mozar

mozar New Member

i've had the ringtone value issue and my speed dial settings don't work like they used to either.
  7. Trip3601211

Trip3601211 New Member

Yeah I've noticed the ringtone is low at first then goes higher. Weird as this never happened on 2.2.1 even with all the other issues it had. I guess you loose bugs but gain new ones in updates sometimes. But thats what happens. I'm overall very impressed with the update. Data connection has been pretty solid as appose the last build.

sent from my Droid Charge 2.3.6