will froyo built-in tethering still be ad-hoc?

djrakun

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows the details on the embedded wireless tethering that will come in 2.2. I'm hoping it will work more like connectify (a win 7 app that I use with ics to get my ps3 to connect to the internet). It's kind of a pain to always bring my laptop home from work just so I can do some gaming at night, but it is the only way I can get online bc my data plan is my only internet at the moment. I don't see ps3 putting out a software update anytime soon that will allow ad hoc networking so I'm hoping froyo will use the wireless adapter in the phone in a way that it is received as a regular wireless access point

Varking

Reaction score
I was wondering the same exact thing. I would love to hook up my PS3 to tethering on my phone without having to run an ethernet cable to my laptop and bridge the connections. It is a major hassle for me as the two are on opposite sides of the room. I don't expect to play and be connected without lag, but I would like to be able to connect and download updates from time to time via tethering.