Will droid x get 3.0 android in the future?

rcjames

Reaction score
Hey guys android 3.0 will or might be out by october. Wait we are on october :icon_ banana:. Now do you think motorola will get this update to droid x :motdroidvert: owners?

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Uhh, where have you been? I'm running AndroidOS 8.4 :p

Motorola hasn't managed to get 2.2 corrected yet, and you're expecting 3.0 soon?
LMFAOROTF!!!

Supposedly 3.0 is going to be for the tablet devices. The next-gen for phones is going to be 2.5

But seriously, don't expect to see that until 2011 some time, for the Droid X anyway.

hebertm1

Reaction score
Thats a good question! I have not heard anything about Gingerbread lately.

OP
R

rcjames

Reaction score

Motorola hasn't managed to get 2.2 corrected yet, and you're expecting 3.0 soon?
LMFAOROTF!!!

Supposedly 3.0 is going to be for the tablet devices. The next-gen for phones is going to be 2.5

But seriously, don't expect to see that until 2011 some time, for the Droid X anyway.

Really few months ago 2.2 was release won't you be happy for 3.0? Time is flying by the time is october 2011 believe me you and me will agree by then time flew.

OP
R

rcjames

Reaction score
Thats a good question! I have not heard anything about Gingerbread lately.

Should be out by a year by now. Should always delay. Ubuntu released their rc already and works flawless on my laptop now. But full release by october 10 or 11 by could be some small downloads for updates.

OP
R

rcjames

Reaction score
Quetion is will you like android 3.0? Most likely by then we will have way way way from our imagination right now a better phone, more mah, dual core processor, nvidia video chip. Oh my. Window 7 came out, window 7 might run faster then window vista on a xp system. Yet still slower then xp. So the time that it does happened and get release i don't think droid x will be good for 3.0 for one Motorola support the latest phone not the old phone. But who knows look at droid 1 received the froyo couple months ago.

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

LMFAOROTF!!!

Really few months ago 2.2 was release won't you be happy for 3.0? Time is flying by the time is october 2011 believe me you and me will agree by then time flew.
Yes, 2.2 has been out for several months. At least 4-5 months.
But the OP asked when it (3.0) would come to the Droid X. Thats why I said what I did in my first response. Android 3.0 may very well be out this month or next. But until Motorola gets 2.2 working properly on the X, it'll be quite some time before we see anything official with Googles next release.
And if its a dramatic change, especially with the system files, who knows how long it would take the developers to port it to work with the X and its locked bootloader :(

bgillyjcu

Reaction score
My guess is the X will be able to handle the NEXT update....but not the one after that. By that time I'll be ready for a new phone...18 months goes fast and technology moves even faster!

deek

Reaction score
Do they do other updates to fix minor issues that may be of big concern to dx owners? For example, having to power cycle the phone on a near daily basis to get music/video to work on their phone?

pointzero1

Reaction score
3.0 seems like a far ways from now. With how fast the new upcoming android phones are getting updated in terms of specs, i feel 3.0 will only be for nextgen type of android phones.

abe7333

Reaction score
I an pretty sure it will.

"I know not with what weapons War World III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with stick and stones."-Albert Einstein.

Send from Droid X

OP
R

rcjames

Reaction score
Heh well heres a bump. They just said android 3.0 will be out in couple weeks ofcourse not for droid x not yet. So how long will it take for motorola to tweak it and release it to us?

OP
R

rcjames

Reaction score
I hope that 3.0 is availble as a iso to try it on virtual machine.