1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Will Droid 2 Bootstrapper App work on R2-D2>?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Development' started by gr8whyt, Sep 27, 2011.

1. gr8whyt

gr8whyt New Member

Real new to this stuff so please pardon me if this seems a stupid question...

With the impending(?) GB update heading to my r2d2 phone, I may want to create a backup of the current rom, so I could return to version 2.2 if I should want to. My question is, will the D2 Bootstrapper app work on my r2d2 phone? Not even sure I'm asking the question right. :blink:
  2. louy99

louy99 New Member

It does work but you can't go back to a froyo backup if you are on GB unless you sbf back to froyo first.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  3. gr8whyt

gr8whyt New Member

Thanks for the reply. Are there instructions on this forum somewhere to create an SBF?
  4. gr8whyt

gr8whyt New Member

See how little I know? After some searching on here, I think I just answered my last question. Next question...

Is there someplace to download an sbf? And if I were to have one, how the heck do I use it? Thanks and patience please.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  5. cmunny

cmunny New Member

Rom toolbox has a download secttion that says stock and ota. Those downloads are in there. If you want to sbf you could search xda and download it there and also the rsd lite. I would do the rom toolbox. Much easier. Just download and got into bootstrap.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  6. Cooly1911

Cooly1911 New Member

I'm running GB 2.3.3 on my Wife's R2D2 and I used the Droid Bionic Bootstrap. I've had no issues, works great!