Will/does this phone support "international" use?

Jon K

Reaction score
I have an employee here chomping to try out an Android to replace his blackberry which makes me thrilled. However, he travels internationally regularly. I know the Razr Maxx or what not is a world phone but I have a Bionic extra for trial right now.

Is it a hardware issue or software issue keeping it from being a world phone?

Purplfreak

Reaction score
It does but you must contact provider to establish. Im with verizon and the charges are outrageous, but available.

OP
J

Jon K

Reaction score
I was just on with Verizon yesterday and they indicated that the phone was not supported internationally.

hts4215

Reaction score
It's near idiotic - I have a SIM from them that was from another phone which did support 3g. All I was asking for was to have it activated so I could use it when traveling internationally.

The verizon rep must have told me 20 times that it would not work in the Bionic because it doesn't have international support. This is after I told her 21 times that yes it does and her point is irrelevant. Finally gave up.

diablo81588

Reaction score
It's near idiotic - I have a SIM from them that was from another phone which did support 3g. All I was asking for was to have it activated so I could use it when traveling internationally.

The verizon rep must have told me 20 times that it would not work in the Bionic because it doesn't have international support. This is after I told her 21 times that yes it does and her point is irrelevant. Finally gave up.

The hardware does support gsm networks, but for whatever reason, Verizon has decided to not include the bionic in global support. The rep could not activate it for you even if she wanted to. You would have to unlock it yourself.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

hts4215

Reaction score
That's just it - I had already unlocked it... Just wanted the SIM activated.

segordon

Reaction score
After a sim card is Deactivated it cannot be reactivated on a new line. You have to get a new sim card and activate that one. I had the same problem when I tried to activate my bionic. I got it from my dad and I could not get it to activate so I took it to a vzw store and had to get a new sim. I haven't had any problems with it after that.

hts4215

Reaction score
that would have been helpful to know - the rep could have just told me that and saved me the wasted 30 minutes of my life that I'll never get back :p