Will Asurion Replace My Phone?

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
About a week ago or so, my phone was stuck bootlooping and I couldn't sbf it. (battery was too low and when I tried to charge it didn't recognize there was a battery in the phone) So I decided the only thing I can do is send it to Asurion. Before I ship my phone to them though, I wanted to know if they would replace my phone. It has signs of damage but I don't know if it's worthy of a replacement.

On the right side of the screen, there is a crack running from almost the very top of the screen, to the bottom. The problem is, it's the inside of the screen that's cracked and you can't feel the crack whatsoever.
The second issue, is my micro USB port looks like it was sliced in half right through the middle (no idea how this happened) and the charger falls out easily and it's very difficult getting the phone to actually charge.

I don't want Asurion to know I hacked my phone, so are these good enough reasons for them to send me a replacement?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So you have a damaged phone, which is covered by insurance, and you want to know if you can get a new one because the real reason you're sending it back is a hacking issue?

I strongly doubt that Asurion is going to look at that phone more then 2 seconds before they decide it's a valid claim. I don't encourage insurance fraud, but in your case you already had an issue covered by insurance. You just didn't realize it.

OP
DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
So you have a damaged phone, which is covered by insurance, and you want to know if you can get a new one because the real reason you're sending it back is a hacking issue?

I strongly doubt that Asurion is going to look at that phone more then 2 seconds before they decide it's a valid claim. I don't encourage insurance fraud, but in your case you already had an issue covered by insurance. You just didn't realize it.

Well, the thing is the crack is kinda hard to notice unless the screen's on, and I'm also worried they might try to test out the charging issue and then find out I was screwing with it.

want a droid

Reaction score
Asurion probably receives so many claims that they issue replacements without doing too much investigation. You shouldn't worry about it too much.

Kimo91

Reaction score
When my phone was unfortunately caught in boot loop mode I called Verizon and told them what I did and they told me it was a insurance matter which is how I got my replacement D2

sent from Kimo's rooted DROID 2

AlanShole

Reaction score
Tell Assurion you lost it. Same coverage.

~I Hate Siglines~

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
And far more fraudulent. AFAIK asurion don't care what's going on with your phone as long as you pay the deductible. After all they're just going to fix it and give it to some one else most of the time.

tappin and a talkin

OP
DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
I filed a claim online about the screen and USB port and they said it's a warranty issue (the Verizon store I went to about the screen a while ago said it wasn't covered under warranty) so I'm just gonna tell them I lost it.

Reaction score
I remember a post from spaz33g, about how he dropped his phone down concrete stairs. This post (the partially cracked screen and cracked usb port) reminds me of that.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I filed a claim online about the screen and USB port and they said it's a warranty issue (the Verizon store I went to about the screen a while ago said it wasn't covered under warranty) so I'm just gonna tell them I lost it.

Call them back and tell them there is a crack in the screen, and you damaged the port. Asurion is such a cheap company. They try to get out of everything.

OP
DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood

Reaction score

Call them back and tell them there is a crack in the screen, and you damaged the port. Asurion is such a cheap company. They try to get out of everything.

I called them today and now they're sending me an R2D2 Droid 2.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Good, you pay hard earned money for their service. Make them keep their word.

OP
DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood

Reaction score

Good, you pay hard earned money for their service. Make them keep their word.

I'm a little worried though because I told them the phone wasn't usable with the cracked screen, when it actually is. (besides the bootloop) I don't expect them to test it out though.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm a little worried though because I told them the phone wasn't usable with the cracked screen, when it actually is. (besides the bootloop) I don't expect them to test it out though.

I wouldn't worry about it. They can't complain no matter where the LCD is cracked.