Will android 2.1 bring pinch to zoom for all native programs on Motorola Droid?

Aluminum21

Reaction score
Pinch zoom being standard should be an option for people who prefer it (like me)

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I don't care about pinch-zoom much in the browser, but I do like it in the Gallery so I downloaded a Gallery app that allows it.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Pinch zoom being standard should be an option for people who prefer it (like me)

Technically, only one company (legally) offers pinch and zoom, and is suing the other one that offers it. I hardly call that being "standard"

freaksed

Reaction score
standardized perhaps by two things, the ridiculous popularity of the iphone/ipod touch, and by others using it as well. if you look at homebrew multitouch projects online they, ill say tend to be safe, tend to use pinch zoom. also that multitouch table by microsoft uses it. its a fairly natural motion to use, small screen or otherwise, if memory serves it was a similar motion they used in minority report which predates the iphone by about 5 years. in summation... apple can eat my butt!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the tangent, but I agree, Pinch-Zoom is not necessary, at all.
If the only features available were solely based on necessity then we wouldn't even have the Droid to begin with. More options are always better -- especially if you aren't stuck with using a given option and can use an alternative.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Sorry for the tangent, but I agree, Pinch-Zoom is not necessary, at all.
If the only features available were solely based on necessity then we wouldn't even have the Droid to begin with. More options are always better -- especially if you aren't stuck with using a given option and can use an alternative.

You are right that options are a good thing, and I won't think less of the Droid for having it... but the thinking by people like myself is that it seems so wrong that the Droid is though of as "missing" this feature and calling it a "standard" when both simply are not true. (well it is not there, but it is not "necessary"... if you know what I mean)

skidemn

Reaction score
The thing is, if both were capable, we'd all be happy.

lol, nope there is always something to complain about. Heck if you hold your phone at a 45 degree angle on Mt Everest at 5:39 pm you will see light leaking from the right hand corner of the phone.....that type of stuff.:biggrin:

Actually, mine did not have that problem when I was there, but the severe cold on the summit did affect the screen and with my gloves on the touch sensitive stuff didn't work. I think it needs hard buttons! Also, the camera lens needs a heater so you can still take pictures in the freezing cold without all that ice build-up.

Ok, ok, so I didn't go to Everest but I did open the refrigerator door with the Droid in my hand, and it did seem noticeably colder...