Will ADW, Helix, Launcher Pro, etc. remove Sense, Blur, TouchWiz, etc?

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
The title says all. Can these Launchers in the market change the modifications that Samsung, Moto, HTC, etc are making--effectively making it close to a stock Android phone?

For example, if you have a DROID X, what does Launcher Pro or ADW look like? The same as on my DROID?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
blur as in the home screen look/feel? then yes

Launcher Pro on my DX looks teh same as my Droid

i mean you can try it out for yourself most of those are free..

eliassami5

Reaction score
these home screen replacements do just that...replace the home screen. So menus, buttons, apps will all still be the same.

OP
Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Well, I am not sure how BLur/Sense even looks or manifests itself. I just "know" from eerything I read is that Android Stock (what I have and like on my DROID due to the simplicity) is more preferable.

I suppose the examples I gave are just the launcher/homescreen. For your X or Incredible, etc, let's say you have ADW, etc installed... so the Homescreen can have the Blu/Sense "feel" removed, but where else is it manifested in your phone?

And is it really all that bad--even as is?

Edit: I have Stock, but I use Launcher and now ADW. I prefer those. But I just dont want these Manufacture skins to get in the way. it sounds like they won't.

Last edited:

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
blur/sense is mainly the home screen look and its widgets. using a home replacement will change the home and you dont have to use the widgets.

In essence, i have the DX without blur showing.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Interesting. Then I wonder why so many people make a fuss about this?

a lot of people dont know about home replacements. they like to complain but not bother trying to see what else is out there lol.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
There are also many people who like Blur and/or Sense and keep asking if it can be ported to the original Droid. To each his own. That is the great thing about Android.