will a slightly rooted razor take the ota update when it comes?

lime4x4

Reaction score
I rooted my razor and did data hack for hotspot and installed titanium pro along with an ad blocker. I didn't remove any apps or software and i didn't freeze anything. Will my razor still take the update or would i still have to remove root?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I rooted my razor and did data hack for hotspot and installed titanium pro along with an ad blocker. I didn't remove any apps or software and i didn't freeze anything. Will my razor still take the update or would i still have to remove root?

I think your OK...but a good thing to keep in mind is. Root is awesome but an sbf file is the first thing to have before hand...Just Incas something arises..peace!

Tapped by a Razr...
PEACE! ALL!!-------->>>D2D™

ajmetal87

Reaction score

If I understand correctly, the ota checks your system folder for changes. If you did not debloat, you should receive the ota with no problems

jacobjer

Reaction score
I was rooted with my pro when an ota update didn't hurt me (did unroot me though). I only rooted for tethering and didnt mod anything.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Agrajag

Reaction score
Great I de-bloated. OCD's a killer. So what's the process going to be like for those of us that did clean up the phones?

OP
L

lime4x4

Reaction score
I was rooted with my pro when an ota update didn't hurt me (did unroot me though). I only rooted for tethering and didnt mod anything.

Basically that's all did as well. I can live with the bloatware. Just wanted tethering and a ad blocker

breedingh8

Reaction score
Basically that's all did as well. I can live with the bloatware. Just wanted tethering and a ad blocker

I also rooted, uninstalled Bloat that was allowed froze rest; if you did the same and "bloat" removal poses an issue for receiving OTA's- defrosting the bloat is simple and would solve that issue.

Agrajag

Reaction score
I'm still wondering if anyone believes there will be a process for people like me that de-bloated. I assume someone will have images.

I had also never heard of freezing apps. I'll have to look up what that is.

breedingh8

Reaction score
I'm still wondering if anyone believes there will be a process for people like me that de-bloated. I assume someone will have images.

I had also never heard of freezing apps. I'll have to look up what that is.

How did you "debloat" freezing is using Titanium backup (which requires root) or something similar to freeze an app it is then like it's not even on the device, once thawed it's back.

Agrajag

Reaction score
I used Titanium Backup Pro to uninstall the apps. Now I see Freeze there but wasn't sure what that did. Is it possible to simply put back the missing APK's and then freeze them? I'd need to find a list of all APK's and compare. Mainly removed was Madden, the Golf game and a few others. Nothing major.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used Titanium Backup Pro to uninstall the apps. Now I see Freeze there but wasn't sure what that did. Is it possible to simply put back the missing APK's and then freeze them? I'd need to find a list of all APK's and compare. Mainly removed was Madden, the Golf game and a few others. Nothing major.

Try the market and see in Verizon section and redownload Im waiting for Sbf before flashing...or rooting...

Tapped on the edge of a RAZR...
PEACE! ALL!!-------->>>D2D™

garywojdan81

Reaction score
Removing any of the uninstallable apps (like the games) should be fine. The ota issue usually stems from removal of unwanted system apps (like all the Verizon stuff). It's always good to backup everything before you do anything to anything. You'll probably be able to find the apk's you need either here or on xda or rootzwiki. Or, worst case, a factory data reset from the os may work as well.

silver6054

Reaction score
I didn't think a factory reset would restore missing system files. Does that really work?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Agrajag

Reaction score
Well I guess I better get a list then as the only Verizon item I have is the My Verizon app. I definitely removed VZ Navigator and I think something else.