Will a Droid 1 Case work on a Droid 2?

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Stupid question perhaps - I specialize in those - but I can't find that question addressed, here on the forum. I have a perfectly good Seidio case for my original Droid 1, which I no longer use, and was thinking of just giving it to a friend who just got a Droid 2. Will t fit her phone OK?

-Mike

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Stupid question perhaps - I specialize in those - but I can't find that question addressed, here on the forum. I have a perfectly good Seidio case for my original Droid 1, which I no longer use, and was thinking of just giving it to a friend who just got a Droid 2. Will t fit her phone OK?

-Mike

My droid1 didnt fit my Droid2 global.

sid_wisc

Reaction score

-Mike
I had D1 in past and now carry a D2G so based on my experience, although they have similar screen size and overall dimensions the case for D1 will not be fitting the D2G due to the fact that there is an extended screen part in the later which is not in the D1...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

MikePDaTruth

Reaction score
Probably not. I don't think that the actual phone dimensions from the OG Droid to the D2 are much different. However, the camera has been slightly relocated in its position on the back of the device, which would present the main issue.

OP
UltraDroid

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Probably not. I don't think that the actual phone dimensions from the OG Droid to the D2 are much different. However, the camera has been slightly relocated in its position on the back of the device, which would present the main issue.

OK, thanks to everyone who replied! :)

-Mike

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I know its late, but I have tried several Droid cases on the D2 and nothing fits....the body glove comes close.....but doesnt clip on the top.