1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Will 3G get better?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by darkmatter, Jul 11, 2011.

1. darkmatter

darkmatter New Member

So, with many of us getting locked out of 4G by getting the D3, I'm wondering about the state of 3g.

With many others getting 4g phones, does that clear up bandwidth for 3g? Ie, will 3g get faster as more people start using 4g?

Though this really only applies to me when I'm in san diego. When I'm back home in the desert its 3g only for everyone.
  2. jimikeys

jimikeys New Member

it's weird but since they've introduced LTE with the thunderbolt and the other phones my 3G has improved. Stronger signal, better speed even in an area where I used to get 1x I'm getting 3G with full bars. At home i get 3G with full bars... i noticed it with OGD1 but I'm really noticing it with D3... maybe its the radios that have improved or verizon has really quietly improved 3G but whatever it is...I'm loving it and if its b/c more people are going on 4G then fine with me...a less crowded 3G is fine with me!
  3. Raptor007

Raptor007 New Member

I have heard that as well regarding markets that now have 4G LTE, the 3G is getting better. I actually look forward to 4G hitting my market so it free's up some of the bandwidth.
  4. wkearney99

wkearney99 New Member

If/when the sell a 4G slider I'll definitely consider upgrading my D2. I just got the wife a D3 and it's pretty good. Definitely faster than my D2. But it is larger, and I'm not sure I like that. I plan on comparing how well it handles pdanet connections. I ran my laptop through it on my D2 this past weekend and was not impressed with the speed. I normally use a PCMCIA card but managed to overrun it's data cap. I'm holding off on using it again until the 15th.
Search tags for this page

does 3g get better reception

does 3g have better reception

make verizon 3g faster

will 3g get faster

will a 3g phone get a better signal

will verizon 3g get faster