Will 3G END?

eaglefreak138

Reaction score
Hello. I LOVE my droid x. 3g is plenty fast for my needs and I have the unlimited data for $24/month with discount and am wondering if there is a chance of 3g being ended when 4g goes full swing?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Hello. I LOVE my droid x. 3g is plenty fast for my needs and I have the unlimited data for $24/month with discount and am wondering if there is a chance of 3g being ended when 4g goes full swing?

With millions of 3G devices that VZW has out there, I am sure they will keep the 3G light on for quite a while....

OP
E

eaglefreak138

Reaction score
I hope so. I just didn't know if there were any rumors

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Don't think it'll end. If that was the case I don't.believe we'd still have 2g or EDGE

Sent from Droid Incredible via Droidforums app

OP
E

eaglefreak138

Reaction score
Im gonna be content to sit in my unlimited 3g plan until the world ends

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
from what i understand and this was in a official Verizon press release that they will have the entire 3G network shut down by 2014. Its not going to be shut down per say..... there just going to convert the current 3g towers to 4g and remove the old 3g hardware.

ill see if i cant find the press release information again...

OP
E

eaglefreak138

Reaction score
from what i understand and this was in a official Verizon press release that they will have the entire 3G network shut down by 2014. Its not going to be shut down per say..... there just going to convert the current 3g towers to 4g and remove the old 3g hardware.

ill see if i cant find the press release information again...

That's NOT COOL

joker402

Reaction score
3g isnt going anywhere anytime soon, they still have 2g out. As for it ending in 2014? that means they want there 4g to be running at full cap in 3 years, and if there target is to be done with the roll out by 2012, 1 year to convert the rest is cutting it real close. Verizon is easly gonna take untill 2016 to fully tweak there 4g/LTE to be able to take the place of 3g.