Will 2011 Be the Year of the Android Domination?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Eligible next month! Bring on the dual-cores!!!!!! :dancedroid:

I just hope there is some killer hardware out before the beginning of July.... the date that us original Droid adopters are eligible for an upgrade!

I'm already eligible (since Nov) so I'm getting very impatient. I can't wait til July!

DroidForums junkie!!

reefsrt4

Reaction score
I just hope there is some killer hardware out before the beginning of July.... the date that us original Droid adopters are eligible for an upgrade!

I'm already eligible (since Nov) so I'm getting very impatient. I can't wait til July!

Same here! I got my early upgrade notice too. When that Etna hits the Verizon store.......I'm all over it! The time has come for android domination.

Candace

Reaction score
I love my Droid 1. There isn't anything new out there that makes me want to upgrade...yet. I just thought I'd always be a BlackBerry user- so glad that I switched over this year. Haven't looked back since then...so this year I definitely consider it the breakout year. The customization means way more to me than fancy marketing/brand name etc. With smartphones- functionality will always win in the long run. Hence why so many BlackBerry users are switching to Android. I guess you could say- I'm "case in point" dancedroid

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
I am the poster child for this topic lol. Me being an convert from iPhone/BlackBerry to Android earlier this year. The biggest turn on for me and techies alike is what OP said, "Openness". Apple lets you do what "they" want you to do, not what you wanna do with your phone. Now dont get me wrong, i do love my iMAC but as far as mobile phones go, Android will dominate. The iPhone is well built but the power is in the software, we all know that.

PS No the world will not end in 2012. Thats just the date the Myan calender ends. We will continue to push forward, the reason the calender stops at that date is because thats as high as they could count back then using the number 12. BTW the bible doesnt say the world will end in 2012 and thats book of man, right?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
D1 loyal, D2 ecstatic, D3? (overwhelmed)...

"I love my Droid 1. There isn't anything new out there that makes me want to upgrade..." dancedroid
Candace, I loved my D1 as well :heart:, but was putting it through tougher challenges than it was able to handle :icon_eek: (too many apps, too many running processes, etc.), causing it to stall, run choppy and unpredictably and force close a lot, so I upgraded to the D2. Believe me, I am very loyal to the D1, but the D2 doesn't crush it, it elevates it to a new and higher plateau:lifting:. The internal ram of the D2 coupled with the 1Ghz processor made a world of difference for me. Right now, I have 38 processes running in the background :blink:, and have over 260 apps installed :D. I run live wallpaper (I like the images from the Hubble) and use Launcher Pro as my launcher and home screen, and it runs like a well oiled machine. I can't wait for the dual-core phones, with more ram, a front-facing camera, better rear camera, 4G (LTE) and HDMI:rockon:. Then I'll upgrade.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
"I love my Droid 1. There isn't anything new out there that makes me want to upgrade..." dancedroid
Candace, I loved my D1 as well :heart:, but was putting it through tougher challenges than it was able to handle :icon_eek: (too many apps, too many running processes, etc.), causing it to stall, run choppy and unpredictably and force close a lot, so I upgraded to the D2. Believe me, I am very loyal to the D1, but the D2 doesn't crush it, it elevates it to a new and higher plateau:lifting:. The internal ram of the D2 coupled with the 1Ghz processor made a world of difference for me. Right now, I have 38 processes running in the background :blink:, and have over 260 apps installed :D. I run live wallpaper (I like the images from the Hubble) and use Launcher Pro as my launcher and home screen, and it runs like a well oiled machine. I can't wait for the dual-core phones, with more ram, a front-facing camera, better rear camera, 4G (LTE) and HDMI:rockon:. Then I'll upgrade.

This maybe a messed up suggestion but might you consider backing up apps? Lol, i probably have a total of 1500 apps on my sd card but only 50 installed apps on my phone. Do you really use all the 260 apps? I know they are cool and all but they really are only an install away if you need it...
and i like the D2 and it does have better specs but the upgrade isnt worth it for me, i want dual core!:)

ABNER.STERLING

Reaction score
I love my Droid 1. There isn't anything new out there that makes me want to upgrade...

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
...but as far as mobile phones go, Android will dominate.

Google is disruptive technology. What a lot of people are missing is that, unless Google really drops the ball and Android becomes an inferior OS, the fact that Android is free will make it the market leading OS.

Jobs himself (granted, in regards to a different tech/platform) said basically there's no money competing with free. Apple isn't going to license its OS, for a variety of reasons but also primarily because they make the same profits on the phone PLUS @ $100 on the OS (well, you can argue on the split). If they license, then even at $100 they lose the profit on the phone (sale goes to another mfr) but then you have, say the Incredible, which for IOS would have to sell $100 more for HTC to make the same profit. That's a licensing deal where both HTC and Apple lose net net. Not going to happen.

Same thing with MS and WM7. They can leverage office integration but I think that has more potential on tablets while being much more limited on mobile as a competitive advantage.

I see Android dominating the low and mid-tier consumer segments and think it will hold its own on the high-end.