Will 2.2 bring the JIT to the X?

Mr X

Reaction score
I've read about issues the JIT had with OMAP processors and was just curious.. will we see the 20+ MFLOPS other devices are seeing? I'd love to see closer to the 5x performance increase rather than the 2x the JIT is said to bring to Android.

RnD_Solo

Reaction score
...well they said there is gonna be a speed up, so i dont know how unless they are planning on including JIT...i am gonna be pissed if they dont though, thats one of the reasons i bought the X..im gonna hate having to move to that HTC...

mac16

Reaction score
Ya i would like to hear more about this.

Also can anyone explain why the Galaxy s phones are getting quadrant scores 2000+ with the lag fix? Is that similar to the stagefright hack for the X?

I won't say I am disappointed with the speed of my x because its scoring 1290 right now out of the box on 2.1, and I have seen some EVO's with froyo scoring less than that.

OP
Mr X

Mr X

Reaction score
Yeah it is kinda looking like we're getting the short end of the stick here. Only time will tell though. Couple more days...

RnD_Solo

Reaction score
...if you have a faster processor that will do more mflops..then we could save a HELLUVA lot of power underclocking, and not experiance ANY lag at all..

i wanna see some n1 processor scores on my x...

mac16

Reaction score
What I dont understand is if this JIT is optimized for Snapdragon why is their a huge discrepancy in its performance from the different phones running it?

The Nexus with Froyo is getting 2000+ in quadrant.
The evo with froyo is getting liek 1200-1400.

Same processor, can anyone explain??

crazy talk

Reaction score
What I dont understand is if this JIT is optimized for Snapdragon why is their a huge discrepancy in its performance from the different phones running it?

The Nexus with Froyo is getting 2000+ in quadrant.
The evo with froyo is getting liek 1200-1400.

Same processor, can anyone explain??

Sense UI?

blah blah blah

LexusBrian400

Reaction score
It sounds like some of you have the wrong idea about what JIT actually does.

JIT will improve CPU-bound tasks, but it will not improve the interactivity of the underlying OS, which is what people are really complaining about. - nenolod

I'd go into more detail, but you guys (should) know how to google :)