WildVke here, I love my DroidX. I hate FB Mobile

WildVke

Reaction score
I have had my DroidX for about 6mo. I love the swype feature.
I do Facebook, Mafia Wars, Twitter, eBay Seller, Words with Friends, etc., :greendroid:

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum! agree...FB mobile does suck lol. hope u enjoy everything else.

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

OP
WildVke

WildVke

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, I do love <3 just about everything else. I can't believe that I waited so long to get it ! :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Lol I hear u. but u got one and there's so much to do, read and learn. hope u find the community very helpful if not, ask and im sure we can assist

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

OP
WildVke

WildVke

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, I do love <3 just about everything else. I can't believe that I waited so long to get it ! :)

Hi CJM and thanks for the welcome ! I have jumped in on a couple things,
also posted a question on techs,bugs, .... Was wondering how long it usually takes on a response.
I really could use some help with it. :)
I have been searching the web and ran across only one other post with the same issue,
his was also just aster the update but he is using the Incredible.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
It could take minutes or days to get a response. Usually if someone doesnt feel they can fully answer a question they'll let someone else answer.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
Also, one mistake some make is starting another thread if nobody responds to thier original one. They call it double posting. The best thing to do is to go back to your thread and post "Bump" as a reply. This bumps it to the top of Active Topics so more people can see it. Not saying you've done this, just a heads up.

OP
WildVke

WildVke

Reaction score
Ok. I was wondering about the second post thing :) I do need some help though. I am slightly confused as how to tell, that is when I'm in the forum, where it shows if any response has been made to a question. Not only on my personal questions but others too. Thanks.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
how to tell, that is when I'm in the forum, where it shows if any response has been made to a question. Not only on my personal questions but others too.

By going to the User CP or by email notifications.

But you need to be set up to get email notifications by going to User CP at the top of the page, then on the left under Settings & Options hit Edit Options. Then in the 2nd box, Message & Notifications you'll see Default Thread Subscription Mode. Have that box set to "Instant email notification". You'll get an email every time anyone posts a reply to a thread that you've posted in.

You can also subscribe to a thread without posting in it. On a pc at the top of the thread, there is an option, Thread tools. In the app, theres a star to the right, next to the numbers on the green button.

OP
WildVke

WildVke

Reaction score
Also, one mistake some make is starting another thread if nobody responds to thier original one. They call it double posting. The best thing to do is to go back to your thread and post "Bump" as a reply. This bumps it to the top of Active Topics so more people can see it. Not saying you've done this, just a heads up.

Ok in replying to a thread,i think I might need some help. Here's my question.Hi, I was wondering do you reply to the first statement in the thread? Does that attach it to the bottom of that thread or under the statement you replied to? TIA :)

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
I was wondering do you reply to the first statement in the thread?
Yes, thats staying on topic. Someone may start a thread looking for an answer, so a response to a post other than the Original Post(OP) is off topic, usually. Reading through the forum will give you a better idea.

Does that attach it to the bottom of that thread or under the statement you replied to?
To the bottom, just like this thread has been doing.