Wiimote connection

wildbill86

Reaction score
Do I need to be rooted for a Wiimote to work with an nes emulator? The connection apps I have tried all show connectivity, and function, but buttons won't map with any emulator.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
wildbill86

wildbill86

Reaction score
I an working with my wife's D3.

shaggykid

Reaction score
What emulator are you running? Go to settings and other settings and find something along the lines of special input and check mark the box.

I'm not exactly sure if it requires root as I've always been rooted.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

shaggykid

Reaction score
The settings when you are running the emulator that is.

OP
wildbill86

wildbill86

Reaction score
I have tried several different emulators, none to any avail. I have read of other phones doing the same thing, I wish my wife would just let me root her phone. I want to be able to play my roms on a TV with the hdmi out on the D3.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have Wiimote on my DX and IIRC it does not need root as it uses a bluetooth connection. Never had any problems mapping buttons.

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk 2.

shaggykid

Reaction score
I have tried several different emulators, none to any avail. I have read of other phones doing the same thing, I wish my wife would just let me root her phone. I want to be able to play my roms on a TV with the hdmi out on the D3.

Did you check the settings I mentioned?

And what emulator are you trying this on?

OP
wildbill86

wildbill86

Reaction score
I like tiger nes. Its what I use on my D2G. And my wiimote connected rooted, and non rooted to it. There are no special input settings in Tiger, I will re-download a different free one and search for that setting on it. I won't pay for an emulator until I know I can get the wiimote to work.

shaggykid

Reaction score
Snesdroid is a good one that I used. Don't think it's still on the market but you can Google snesdroid apk and it should pull up.

If you can't find a good download go to *********** and search snesdroid apk and it should pull up.

Coo1GuyPau1

Reaction score
I can ONLY speak for Motorola Droid Bionic, but am guessing other Motorola phones around the same time will experience the same issue where the Wiimote will connect with apps like WiiMote Controller and you can see keypresses, but in emulators keys can't be mapped.

The last post on this thread (Issue 116 - android-bluez-ime - Wiimote not working Droid Bionic - A Bluetooth IME system for connecting gamepads to your Android - Google Project Hosting) makes it sound like a Blur issue. I've tried other ROMs for the Bionic based on Gingerbread, like Eclipse and Liberty with no luck, works same as stock when trying to connect Wiimotes.

I DID get the wiimote working though, on an ICS ROM for the Bionic. But I had wanted to use HDMI out to put phone screen on a projector screen so this option will not work for me in the end. :(

Anyway, I think you have the same issue where something in Blur prevents proper handling of wiimote connection.

Thanks,

Paul

OP
wildbill86

wildbill86

Reaction score
I can ONLY speak for Motorola Droid Bionic, but am guessing other Motorola phones around the same time will experience the same issue where the Wiimote will connect with apps like WiiMote Controller and you can see keypresses, but in emulators keys can't be mapped.

The last post on this thread (Issue 116 - android-bluez-ime - Wiimote not working Droid Bionic - A Bluetooth IME system for connecting gamepads to your Android - Google Project Hosting) makes it sound like a Blur issue. I've tried other ROMs for the Bionic based on Gingerbread, like Eclipse and Liberty with no luck, works same as stock when trying to connect Wiimotes.

I DID get the wiimote working though, on an ICS ROM for the Bionic. But I had wanted to use HDMI out to put phone screen on a projector screen so this option will not work for me in the end. :(

Anyway, I think you have the same issue where something in Blur prevents proper handling of wiimote connection.

Thanks,

Paul

I was affraid of something like that. Guess I'm stuck playing them on my D2G. Thanks for all the help, everyone.

davoz28

Reaction score
I'm having issues just getting my wiimote connected to my razr maxx period. Bluetooth on, wiimote app up, will not connect. Running ICS 4.0. Any suggestions?

Coo1GuyPau1

Reaction score
I'm having issues just getting my wiimote connected to my razr maxx period. Bluetooth on, wiimote app up, will not connect. Running ICS 4.0. Any suggestions?

I have little tech knowledge on this stuff, but have wanted to use emulators with wiimote on the bionic since i got it. I could get connection to WiimoteController to work on gingerbread or any roms based off of it, but could NOT get it to connect in emulators. Before ICS leaks from motorola, I got stuck here - Issue 116 - android-bluez-ime - Wiimote not working Droid Bionic - A Bluetooth IME system for connecting gamepads to your Android - Google Project Hosting

Now I'm running leaked ICS on my bionic and it DOES finally work to connect in emulators also.

It sounds though like you're unable to get connection to wiimote at all though, exactly which app are you using? Three to try:

Wiimote Controller (I like this the best) - turn app on, press initialize and connect, and immediately after press 1+2 on wiimote
BluezIME
Simple Wiimotecontroller

If you are on an official motorola ICS update, maybe they locked it down again somehow, but I'd think you'd still be able to connect with app, maybe just not in emulator.