Wifi

antintyty

Reaction score
has anybody else had any issues with either Barnacle or Wifi Tether for Root users not working properly on this ROM?

I keep getting an initial start up error saying that something with the kernel doesn't allow something or other...i forget exactly.

OP
A

antintyty

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies!!

Geez.

FYI, in case anybody was wondering,,,,,wifi tether released a update that as seemed to fix this issue.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
It has something to do with allowing the iptables file in the system to be modified, which only certain custom kernels allow.

So if you can't change your kernel, you cant use wireless tether. I am in the same boat. Pdanet is the only thing that works for me, and I dont like how it has to be set up on the recieving computer as well.

(Edit) i can see this you're a droid x owner? Sorry, wireless tether wont work, since the bootloader is locked down you cant change your kernel to something that would allow it.

I kill threads

doniago

Reaction score
I just tried WT for the first time today. I did get the error message (something about Access Control I beleive), but the tethering itself worked fine despite the error.