Wifi

ctshiner

Reaction score
There are tons of posts on the DX's wifi issues and none of the hundreds (seems like it anyway) threads I've searched offer any explanations. The problem is of course:

Cannot reliably connect or transmit data over wifi, in ANY router configuration. I've tried WEP, WPA with AES and TKIP, skipping encrytion altogether or using mac authentication, changing between the N G and B bands, static IPs etc etc. The best I can do is a plain open G network where I can hardly load an entire webpage but at least it tries. Tried it on 4 different routers (DLink, Actiontec, Linksys, Netgear) and on a few of them attempting to connect will actually knock out wifi network-wide until I turn the phone off.

There is something HUGELY WRONG with wifi on the DX and I REALLY need some help or I might just have to return my otherwise perfectl GummyJar'd phone. Is there any known workaround for this problem, something I can load to the phone, some ROM I can flash, anything, that will fix it? Is it just something wrong with Froyo or the kernel? Any chance an OTA will fix this at some point? Or finally, has anyone ever had these wifi issues and had a replacement phone fix it while being used on the same wifi connection?

OP
C

ctshiner

Reaction score
Got a replacement phone, wifi works fine now. But now the compass on this phone doesn't work. These are hardware issues, not software - Motorola really needs to take a look at their supplier quality controls I think