WiFi won't connect

ihcTactics

Reaction score
For some reason, I haven't been able to connect to a wifi network. It says:
"Connecting..."
"Obtaining IP Address..."
"Disconnected"
Then repeats.

I know the network is good since 25 other people around me were using it no problem. Are there some types of networks that droids cannot connect to? I did recent root my phone; could that have any effect on it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you rooted your phone that shouldn't be an issue. However if you installed a Custom ROM that certainly may be an issue, although to be honest I can't recall seeing anyone blame it on a Custom ROM.

Did you have the password to connect to the wifi? I know some establishments you have to ask an employee for the password.

OP
I

ihcTactics

Reaction score
I did install ADW Launcher, but that was a week or 2 ago and I've been on this network since that time. Its just been the last 2 days and I can't figure it out.

I have the password so that's not the issue.
Thanks a quick reply though!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

flyingbie

Reaction score
I have a droid x and want to connect to internet in hotel. Settings say that phone is connected to internet but never asks for room and ticket number provided at check in. Laptop connects fine.

Jale

Reaction score
Had that problem at several free hotspots. I found out that if I was signed on Skype it would never connect. Log out and exit Skype, stop and restart the WiFi took care of the problem.

flyingbie

Reaction score
Changed hotels and country (Germany-Kuwait). Wifi works in Kuwait hotel (free wifi w/ not sign in required.) German hotel required sign in with room number and ticket number. Never could connect there although phone said connected. Never got the page to enter the information. Thanks for the reply.

monicakc1

Reaction score
Someone please help all of a sudden my Droid incredible 2 will not connect to my WiFi at home but everything else can connect using WiFi. It was working fine up until 8/23 plus customer service help me to reset my phone and I had to reinstall everything which sucked. I can connect to WiFi at mcdonalds and Starbucks with no problem. And I don't want to use the internet through Verizon my WiFi connection is way faster. Please someone help.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums