WiFi woes

mkenney

Reaction score
Wifi was working fine yesterday. Now I'm out of range standing next to the router.

Was there an update pushed yesterday?

zamslam

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity I found a work around to get my wifi working on N. First turn on airplane mode, which kills your cdma antenna. Next re-enable wifi and run another test and see if it fixes the issue. I go from 56k speeds to 3mbps standing in the same spot.

While not an ideal way to use your droid I think it proves that it is a phone issue and not a router issue as some suggest.

Does it keep working for any length of time? Every time I reset mine I am good for 2 mins or so.

Natey2

Reaction score
And regardless of whether the my router is outputting in mixed mode, greenfield, B/G/N, G/N, or N only, the speeds with the X never come close to those on Droid 1.

My wifi speedtest using the Speedtest.net app:
Download: 14434 kbps
Upload: 1124 kbps
Ping: 75 ms

And on 3G:
Download: 1782 kbps
Upload: 908 kbps
Ping: 217 ms

I wonder how much better a Droid 1 would perform...

I hear the DroidX uses a Texas Instruments wifi chipset. My router uses a Broadcom chipset.
I'm not having any serious wifi issue, but maybe matching chipset manufacturer reduces problems?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

RBrandon

Reaction score
Does it keep working for any length of time? Every time I reset mine I am good for 2 mins or so.

I've been testing it for the last 15 minutes and it has been working for me. My speed as also increased to normal. I'm also using WPA2 with AES and wireless N. I've tried all the router fixes and this is the only thing that has worked for me. I turned airplane mode off and it immediately dropped from 13mbps down to .92 in the exact same position.

D

derek71

Droid X Apex 1.4 wifi does not connect

Hello,

I searched around looking for answers and did not find what I was looking for, so I thought I would post to the thread.

I rooted my Droid X and flashed ApeX 1.4 without problems and recently started setup of WiFi for doing email and files sync'ing.

Using ad-hoc mode without encyption, I can connect to my laptop successfully and obtain an ip address. However, I cannot use the connection to browse to a local address for set.

I wondered what would be good diagnostic steps to take. I have tried to browse to a local page with and without my firewall had no effect.