1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Wifi - wep connection issues

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by ernbu, Apr 27, 2011.

1. ernbu

ernbu New Member

Hello,

I'm new to the world of Droid. I work out of the country so a lot so I decided to buy the D2 global phone. I must admit, I'm happy with the phone, except when it comes to the wifi. I'm currently at a hotel and I have the password (key) and I can connect but once I connect I can't browse the internet. Now last week I had the same issue in another hotel. I've browse through countless threads about wifi issues and can't find the answer. Since I'm in a hotel I don't know what kind of router they have or anything. My work laptop connects with no issues, and my co-workers (2) have been able to connect with their phones (1 has an iphone, the other an HTC Droid). When i connect to non-protected networks the wifi works great, so why and I having this issue?

If there is a thread out there please direct me to it. Since I'm out of the country I can't go to a Verizon store..

Thanks in advance!
  2. ernbu

ernbu New Member

quick note... my droid has been issued an IP address. When I look up the connection info it says:

Status Connected
    Security WEP
    Signall Strength Fair
    Link Speed 54mbps
    IP Address 169.... and so on
Search tags for this page

asus transformer wifi wep

can't connect to hotel wireless wep
connect to wep wifi on asus tablet
prime wep
tablet wifi problems wep
transformer prime can't connect to wifi saved