1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

WiFi Turning Itself OFF?

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by MikeGoob, Aug 19, 2011.

1. MikeGoob

MikeGoob New Member

Several times this past month I've noticed the WiFi turning itself off. Just while sitting on my desk where we have a WiFi connection, or even at home. Anyone else? Any ideas?
  2. mharmon

mharmon New Member

Droid X having the same problem, any help would be appreciated!!
  3. pup154

pup154 New Member

Me too with my X2.
  4. spdivr1122

spdivr1122 New Member

I haven't had this problem at all.weird.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  5. pup154

pup154 New Member

Here is what mine does, after automatically connecting to wifi at home or at work, and I sit the phone down. Sometime later I hear an email or a text come in, so I pick the phone up to find the wifi has turned itself off and 3G has turned on. I had a D1 for 2 years that never did that. Once on wifi it would stay there all day. The reason this is a problem for me is for the most part, I only use data over wifi. When they offered the 150 mb for $15 plan, I jumped on it. I have been on that data plan for about a year and have never went over. I never even got to 100 mb in a month until I got the X2. In 3 weeks since I got the X2 I have gone over the 150 mb, which tells me this thing is made to use more data.

I stopped by the Verizon store today and asked them if anybody else has reported this issue. They said they have never heard of this happening. They did a factory reset on my phone and told me to let them know if it happens again and they will give me a new phone. He said that he thinks there is a timer built into the phone that auto shuts the wifi off after a certain period of inactivity. I have tried the 'Keep wifi" app and it doesn't work. Any ideas?
Search tags for this page
android phone shuts off wifi
android wifi keeps turning itself off

android wifi turns itself off

android wifi turns off

android wifi turns off by itself

android wifi turns off itself

android wireless turns off
htc amaze wifi keeps turning off
htc amaze wifi turning off by itself
htc amaze wifi turns off by itself
phone wifi turns itself off