Wifi trouble

pastrings

Reaction score
Well, my droid 2 indicates that I am connected to my verizon-provided router... but then I can't use the browser, fb, twitter, marketplace, etc... help?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

born2golf

Reaction score
I am having similiar trouble. I have 3 access points in my home which are verizon (actiontec), cisco e3000 (linksys), and an older netgear. My phone can connect to all of them, but has intermittent trouble sending data on the cisco AP. However, I have multiple laptop can connect and send data on all of them with no issue at all.

garyiden

Reaction score
I had this identical problem: Mulitiple access points in my home. Once I disconnected them, and used only the main access point (connected to my cable modem) all of my wifi issues went away. Hope this helps.

I am having similiar trouble. I have 3 access points in my home which are verizon (actiontec), cisco e3000 (linksys), and an older netgear. My phone can connect to all of them, but has intermittent trouble sending data on the cisco AP. However, I have multiple laptop can connect and send data on all of them with no issue at all.

OP
P

pastrings

Reaction score
Here's what I did... I was messing around with various things and I came up with this: I made the Droid "forget" the wireless network I set up. Then I re-entered the network SSID and password... and magically it worked.

born2golf

Reaction score
I had this identical problem: Mulitiple access points in my home. Once I disconnected them, and used only the main access point (connected to my cable modem) all of my wifi issues went away. Hope this helps.

Actually, no that doesn't help at all. I have multiple access points because a single one does not provide enough coverage for my entire house.

Last edited:

rosem119

Reaction score
After seeing many postings on this, I'm beginning to think that having your phone "forget" the setup or making any change to your router fixes wifi problems. Goofy.

Sent from my DROID2

born2golf

Reaction score
Here's what I did... I was messing around with various things and I came up with this: I made the Droid "forget" the wireless network I set up. Then I re-entered the network SSID and password... and magically it worked.

I've tried this. I have found some success in changing my authentication method. I typically use WPA2 with a passphrase, but have now sync the D2 to the AP using the push button WPS method and It's been working a little better. Though I am not sure why that would make a difference. My phone was definitely connecting to the AP and I was able to browse (and ping) my entire home network, but just was not always able to get out to the internet.

estafusisx

Reaction score
After seeing many postings on this, I'm beginning to think that having your phone "forget" the setup or making any change to your router fixes wifi problems. Goofy.

Sent from my DROID2

Im always suprised how much can be fixed by simply turning things on and off lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App