Wifi toggled on leaves Droid X "running"? Froyo 2.2

akates

Reaction score
So in Froyo I'm finding that if I leave my wifi toggled on that it keeps my phone "running" as checked in spare parts which is killing my battery. This is even with my wifi sleep policy set to turn wifi off when screen turns off? Any way to fix this?

Also, I think it may only be happening when wifi is switched on but I'm not on a wifi network (out of the house). Does this mean that's it's just constantly searching for wifi when not logged on even when the screen is turned off?

On another note, the GPS bug seems to be fixed in Froyo!

OP
A

akates

Reaction score
Well I haven't been on 2.2 long enough to notice if there is a battery drain but when I'm not on a wifi network but have wifi toggled on the phone does stay in "running" mode. Shouldn't wifi be turning off completely when the screen is off?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Ah I just updated the GPS battery thread problem, so looks like they fixed one bug and created a entirely new one that sucks more. I can leave my GPS off no problem but now I got to leave my Wifi off? What the hell

OP
A

akates

Reaction score
Well maybe I'm crazy and it's just my phone? Can anyone else confirm?

Honestly I wasn't checking how the wifi effected battery life in 2.1 because I couldn't even use it due to the instability with my N network. Now I can use wifi but it looks like I'll have to toggle unless I'm doing something wrong.

When I'm home and on my network it seems to be shutting down some of the time correctly. I can tell the difference because wifi on will be 100% but wifi running will be less. When I'm not connected they're both pegged at 100%.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
No I am the same way, Wifi and Phone both at 100 %. Wifi connection is not shutting off so its not letting the phone sleep.