WiFi to Mobile Data (4G) handoff

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
So I just got my S6 on Tuesday and have been getting acquainted with it...for the most part I really like it; there is a little learning curve simply because of the switch from another manufacturer but it's all good and just a slight adjustment.

Today I noticed a bit of an oddity though. I leave the phone's wifi turned on all the time due to the poor signal at my house. I've been trying to take advantage of the wifi calling and that seems to be working...this morning, I left the house and went out; when I was out, I was supposed to be back on Verizon's data but the 4G icon was grayed out. I tried to toggle the mobile data but that didn't help. I had to reboot the phone to get mobile data to come back. I didn't think anything of this at first, just thought it might be a fluke, and carried on.

Then, a little bit ago, I did it again...left the house with wifi still turned on and when I got to my destination I noticed the mobile data wasn't working again. Had to reboot it to get it back.

It wasn't trying to hit any open wireless network anywhere since I didn't get any prompts and the wireless icon didn't show up...any idea what might be going on? It didn't do this yesterday...hm.

OP
IIGood

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I left the house again earlier this evening and it did do the hand-off properly this time. I'll probably need to keep an eye on this for now...quite strange.