Wifi Thether

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has anyone found an app that works yet? Verizon seems to have got to all the ones I've tried.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

cooltc2004

Reaction score
All of the apps should show the verizon screen asking you to pay. You can either hack your radio or use bluetooth. I've been tethering on my D3 w/ bluetooth for a couple days now and I'm not even rooted yet.

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I know that. But I want wireless for my laptop and such. It's nice letting people use their iPods off my Android with tether. It still works on my brothers Droid 2g that I rooted for him.

Cdjones187

Reaction score
All of the apps should show the verizon screen asking you to pay. You can either hack your radio or use bluetooth. I've been tethering on my D3 w/ bluetooth for a couple days now and I'm not even rooted yet.

PDAnet didn't for me, that's why I asked.......

BUT pdanet isn't wireless, its usb tether only.

cooltc2004

Reaction score
PDAnet didn't for me, that's why I asked.......

BUT pdanet isn't wireless, its usb tether only.

Right, that is using the cable. I'm pretty sure all wireless apps will show the screen...

Only wireless solution that I've found is bluetooth unless you hack your radio. If you think about it, sharing the internet via wireless has a different encryption key than the phone, which verizon had done on purpose to stop "illegal" tethering. Using PDANet or EasyTether use the same encryption key as the phone, so you don't get the message.