wifi thether help

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by screwby, Mar 23, 2010.

1. screwby

screwby New Member

help, anyone! I am completely new to all of this so forgive me if im just being a void. i have installed BB v.9 but i cannot get the wifi tether connection everytime i try to connect my pc says theres an unknown error....anyone? again thank you
  2. bomber889

bomber889 New Member

I'm not sure what is wrong but if you don't mind using a usb connect, you can try PDAnet from the market.
  3. screwby

screwby New Member

I do currently use pdaNet but would really like the wifi....its not gonna kill me but it might just hurt a little bit lol
  4. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Could be caused by a lack of root permissions. Go into the SU app and clear out the permissions and try again. WiFi Tether should prompt you and ask for SU permissions
  5. screwby

screwby New Member

I tried that, I tried uninstalling tether and reinstalling, are there any settings that i might be missing i have no encryption set access control is disabled and ive tried changing channels and lan networks but still pc finds it but no connection...and by the way i am impressed with the great response you get from the people in this forum!
  6. pigpen

pigpen New Member

I just got this working last nite with easytether from the market. Couldn't access a secure https site so I bought the pro version for $9.95, non rooted droid, winXP service pack3 w/usb. Sure beats $30 bucks for pdaNet, which I couldn't get working at all.

EDIT. Sorry, just realized you were trying via bluetooth :(
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2010