WiFi Tethering

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by catsartcox, Jun 11, 2010.

1. catsartcox

catsartcox New Member

All the options i've seen I can't get to work;

1. The one the is Built into Froyo. I was sure Froyo came with one. But I am not seeing it. Maybe that is because we are messing with a RC not the real thing.

2. Wifi tether for root. It just keep on failing, does not report a error in the log. Just tells me to try again.

3. Barnacle Wifi Tether. This one i can't get to Broadcast. It does not report a error but I can't see the SSID.

Has anyone gotten anything to work. I do have p3droid's kernel working great. This is the ONLY problem i am having with moving to BB-Froyo.

Thanks!!!
  2. ninjabucket

ninjabucket New Member

1. I'm pretty sure this was taken out
    2. That app works fine for me. Try clearing the data and cache for the app, uninstall it, and reinstall it.
    3. I see the same thing with Barnacle. Hopefully it gets an update soon.
  3. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

[FONT=&quot]http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Go to that page and download file Pre14. Move to the root of your sdcard.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]On the phone, uninstall your app Wifi Tether for Rooted Phones.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Using your file manager, install the pre14.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]You are done. Wifi tether should now work. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
  4. mackiv

mackiv Member

Also, if yur using tether for root users, i noticed that the access control doesn't work, but the password encryption does, i turned of access control and im tethering w/ wifi. hope that helps
  5. catsartcox

catsartcox New Member

Thanks! That worked, Do not know why the official release does not work, but one of the pre-releases do, Thanks again!
  6. simonsays452

simonsays452 New Member

It worked

It worked thanks for the heads up. This was really bugging me.
  7. dweary

dweary New Member

Pre14 does not work for me. I can see the access point, but can never connect, even if I disable access control and encryption.

Any other ideas?
  8. RobStemen

RobStemen New Member

I'm still banking on that they might put wifi tether in. The FRF57 build was built on May 27th, and that's the most recent that has been leaked so far. I wouldn't put the option of it out of your minds is all I'm saying. But if it's not in there when the update rolls around, I ask that you please take your anger out on Verizon/Motorola and not me. (And especially not the face)
  9. aaronrockies

aaronrockies New Member

I was wondering about this as well. I have the current $25/mo 2gb plan and I sometimes need to use my laptop to check things that I need a larger screen for (Mostly graphic design attachments like illustrator and photo-shop files). Would AT&T detect my using the Nexus One as a hot spot, and if so, would they charge?

I think the whole tethering thing is kind of ridiculous on AT&T. You're paying an extra $20+ per month to use the data you're already paying for except on your computer. They've been dealing with Apple for far too long...:mad:

chris.troutner New Member

This thread is a little dated, but I'm hoping to resurrect it, as it came up on Google for "Wifi Manager is interfering with Barnacle!", which is the error message I'm getting.

I've got a Kyocera Rise C5155 running Android v4.0.4 with the latest Barnacle version 0.6.7 (evo).

I can get the WiFi tether to work just fine, but after about 15 minutes I get the message "Wifi Manager is interfering with Barnacle!". Barnacle then says 'Restarting...' and hangs. The program doesn't reset. If I press 'Stop' then 'Start', the program is unable to take control of the WiFi. The only way to get it to work is to kill the program and restart it.

Is anyone else having this problem? I haven't been able to find any solutions online.

I just switched from an LG Optimus V to this Kyocera Rise. I love the new phone, but I need a reliable internet connection.

Thanks in advanced for any help you can provide!
  11. chris.troutner

chris.troutner New Member

Ok, so I found a short bit of helpfull information on the Barnacle Wifi website:

Apparently when Barnacle gets interrupted by the Wifi Manager, I can do the following:

1. Stop Barnacle
    2. Go to the home screen
    3. Hit Options and goto System Settings
    4. Turn Wi-Fi on
    5. Turn Wi-Fi off
    6. Start Barnacle again

That allows Barnacle to restart without hanging.

Anyone know of a way to put these command steps into a script for easy running? It would be even better if that script could be called by Barnacle when it gets interrupted by the Wi-Fi manager. That's way beyond my skill level though.
  12. ffemt54

ffemt54 New Member

I have had the same issue for the past few days.. I have only had the app for about a week now, and it does the same thing (wifi manager).

I have a Kyocera Hydro..

What is your service provider?

Also, I am very glad to see such a recent post on the matter.. I was going crazy seeing all these forums about this app, all dated 2010. :)
Search tags for this page
android wifi tether 3.0 pre14
barnacle disabling wifi manager
barnacle kyocera rise
barnacle wifi manager
barnacle wifi manager interfering
barnacle wifi tether wifi manager interfering
best wifi tether for kyocera rise
disabling wifi manager
disabling wifi manager barnacle
how to turn off rise wifi manager
tether kyocera c5155