wifi tethering/ tethering in general problems

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Ok so one of the main reasons I rooted was so I could tether to my dads acer laptop. Well it seems that I can't tether or wifi teather it.

When I rooted to froyo I tried to wired tether it but I hit the tether. Button an all that happened was the comp recognized my Droid but I had no internet connection when I started. I.e. so did I do something wronged? I run windows XP btw.

Wifi it seems sends out the signal but wont stay connected for long an as I said in a prior post, my kbps up is always larger then my kbps down(idk if that has somthing to do with it?) But it says its connected once again I open I.e. an nothing happens...

So please can someone tell me what I'm doin wronge? I mean this is almost pushing me to get rid of my droid an go to black berry an pay for that feature or see if the iphone has that feature. Id love to have atleast one or the other working..

cromo8

Reaction score
Ok so one of the main reasons I rooted was so I could tether to my dads acer laptop. Well it seems that I can't tether or wifi teather it.

When I rooted to froyo I tried to wired tether it but I hit the tether. Button an all that happened was the comp recognized my Droid but I had no internet connection when I started. I.e. so did I do something wronged? I run windows XP btw.

Wifi it seems sends out the signal but wont stay connected for long an as I said in a prior post, my kbps up is always larger then my kbps down(idk if that has somthing to do with it?) But it says its connected once again I open I.e. an nothing happens...

So please can someone tell me what I'm doin wronge? I mean this is almost pushing me to get rid of my droid an go to black berry an pay for that feature or see if the iphone has that feature. Id love to have atleast one or the other working..
i will reccomend downloading the app wireless tethering or barnacle tether, both of those work great for me for both mac and pc's, i dont use the ones in the setting menu because those dont ever work for me

OP
ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
tried em...

i will reccomend downloading the app wireless tethering or barnacle tether, both of those work great for me for both mac and pc's, i dont use the ones in the setting menu because those dont ever work for me
Tried both(can't use wifi period if u don't downloadd one or the other haha) neither worked

Wireless tethering-app got it recognize but would drop off soon after an never worked to evenm start up google.

Barnacle-comp didn't even recognize it was there.

=/

Relex

Reaction score
I was about to post a thread about this as well. My wired tether in froyo works but I downloaded the wireless tether and connect to it with my pc but can't get any web pages to load.

I've tried two different roms and have yet to get it to work.

ChugIt

Reaction score
Do not use the built in tethering in Froyo, download the app as cromo8 said. Wireless tethering in Froyo is for paid subscriptions through VZW (which isn't even officially supported for Droid yet). I have used it messing around on my PSP and it worked fine. I hope this helps.

OP
ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Do not use the built in tethering in Froyo, download the app as cromo8 said. Wireless tethering in Froyo is for paid subscriptions through VZW (which isn't even officially supported for Droid yet). I have used it messing around on my PSP and it worked fine. I hope this helps.

As I said already tried em but idk why they won't work.

_Killer_

Reaction score
Gonna try easy tether myself... BUT...

I'm having some issues as well with "wireless tether for android" and "barnacle" ................. with Wireless tether my nat settings are showing as 'moderate' and with barnacle they are 'strict'.. I NEED THESE TO BE OPEN!!! any suggestions?? trying to runs this for xbox live... like i said it will connect.. and i can stream netflix and what not.. BUT with un-open nat i will not be able to get in any games.

i've tried using pdanet and what not for a normal tether (as in not wireless) but my comp is vista.. and therefore is gay..