Wifi Tethering isnt working well!

ZackFr0st

Reaction score
I am one of the lucky few who still has unlimited data for my droid bionic and since the official ICS update (I was running the leaked 6.7.2233 version prior to this) I hadn't had it rooted. I just today saw the new razersedge for it to be rooted and did it right away. works fine and rooted like it should. My issue is that when I try to use wifi tethering to my Microsoft surface it gets a "limited" connection which is frustrating because it slows it down a lot. Im not sure why it is doing this when I have 4g lte in my area. Anyone able to help?

mehimatt

Reaction score
What app are u using I'm using the normal wifi tether on eclipse ics and it seems to work

OP
Z

ZackFr0st

Reaction score
Im using the regular app. and it appears to be working fine but when I connect my surface tablet to it and "connects" but is a limited connection and like wont load stuff. I used the sq lite editor method

mehimatt

Reaction score
ZackFr0st said:
Im using the regular app. and it appears to be working fine but when I connect my surface tablet to it and "connects" but is a limited connection and like wont load stuff. I used the sq lite editor method

Try using wifi tether from Google play

bbucks36

Reaction score
if rooted use wifi tether... if not use foxfi.. if you still want to use the sql hack .. remove all wifi hotspots on your tablet..then in phone turn on wifi hotspot and hit the one touch connect.. make sure your wifi hotspot ip is correct.. 192.168.43.2 or 192.168.42.2 or 192.168.99.2