wifi tether

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
Have not tried because I am not willing to pay Verizon another 20.00 a month. Did you mean stock or rooted? I have yet to root mine.

baldybill

Reaction score
Either way, just not paying the extra fee. Like maybe pdanet or anything? Has anyone got anything to work?

Sent from my OG Droid

OP
gmmurphy

gmmurphy

Reaction score
It seems everyone is having a problem with wifi tether atm. I did read that someone got pda-net working. However, I have not had luck tethering to xoom. I hope the boys at wifi tether hook us up.

pchakmak

Reaction score
Using my laptop which has internet via PDAnet. Working just fine on my Gnex

prowler85

Reaction score
I too can confirm PDAnet works fine. Used it all last night streaming netflix. :biggrin:

Would like to keep abreast of wifi tether news though. PDAnet is fine for a computer, but could never get it to work on my tablet. I know there's a PDAnet for tablet app, but never could get the two to connect. So would like to have the wifi tether option soon.

Raymondjchin

Reaction score
download "Wifi Hotspot and USB tether"

there is a 2 day trial free and a 9.99 App. Try the trial 1st but it should work. You DO NOT have to root your galaxy nexus. Mine is not rooted.

however with the app I did have to install it like 3 times till it finally worked. But it indeed works 100%. Watched a few videos to try it out and I had no issues

Jawbone

Reaction score

there is a 2 day trial free and a 9.99 App. Try the trial 1st but it should work. You DO NOT have to root your galaxy nexus. Mine is not rooted.

however with the app I did have to install it like 3 times till it finally worked. But it indeed works 100%. Watched a few videos to try it out and I had no issues

I can confirm this works. I am rooted but I agree i do not think it matters. I just typed this on my laptop using this app!:icon_ lala:

pchakmak

Reaction score

I used it but it brings me here. It makes mes click on hotspot. Won't Verizon be able to track me then?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Raymondjchin

Reaction score
I used it but it brings me here. It makes mes click on hotspot. Won't Verizon be able to track me then?

I thought that too. But my assumption is it must rewrite the hotspot program to only use phone data. Kinda like unrooting a single program instead of the phone. That's my guess. Also from the review I read on the app no has been charged. I guess I'll wait till my bill and see what happens. I also don't think u can turn on hotspots without a hotspots data plan so the app must trick the phone. Just a guess

sb1831

Reaction score
You'll pay for an app that lets you steal service you're not paying for but you won't pay for the service itself? Irony.